Advancing People LTD Privacy Notice
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What this privacy notices covers
Advancing People LTD is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ mean Advancing People LTD. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
Who we are
Advancing People LTD is an independent Recruitment Agency specialising in the Permanent and Fixed Term Contract placement of professional candidates, covering the whole of the UK. Advancing People LTD is a data controller under data protection legislation and all contact details are shown at the end of this notice.
Information we gather
We collect your information in the form of your name and contact details and store it on our agency database.
Your information is collected from:
- applications and request forms by post;
- applications from online job boards
- email, post, fax and mail correspondence;
- contact via phone;
- in-person contacts with Partners and employees;
- information we gathered via social media and events; and
- Information we receive from the internet and external third parties, where relevant.
We will use your information to:
- administer your mailing list requirements;
- maintain relevant contact, including, but not limited to: sending you information about live vacancies;
- arrange interviews and registrations;
- maintain the accuracy of your information and communicate with you for any other reasons related to your employment requirements;
- maintain the mailing list;
- Share with other regulatory authorities and any other party when sharing of information is required by law.
What is the legal basis of processing your data:
The legal bases of processing your data are:
‘Contract’, as defined by Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulations where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party.
‘Legal obligation’, where processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation for example compliance with anti-money laundering legislation and accounting practices.
‘Legitimate interest’, where processing is required for maintaining contacts with customers and to enable conflict of interest checks or to hold data to the other parties to contracts with a client.
Who will have access to the information
We may share your information with third parties (in the case of reference applications & vetting) and data processors that may need to access your information for performing the purposes specified above.
We may sometimes outsource some of the services set out above to reputable third parties, including for the purpose of ensuring the security of your data. We have data protection compliant agreements in place with all such service providers, so they would only use your information according to our instructions.
We take reasonable organisational and technical measures to protect your information against unauthorised access, modification or misuse. We use services provided by reputable security providers and your information is accessed by employees, agents and third party partners on a needs-only basis.
How long will we keep your information
In the absence of any legal requirements, your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing listed above. This means your data will be deleted if you withdraw consent to processing or the data is no longer required or inaccurate. If you decide to withdraw your data, we will hold your information for a period which is deemed reasonable.
How to keep us updated with any changes to your information
Please remember to keep us updated on the personal data we hold on you if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
All requests to update your personal data must be sent in writing to Advancing People LTD and third parties will be informed, where possible. Failing to keep us updated with your personal data and contact details may lead to removal of your requirements from our database and you missing out on live vacancies.
You have the right to:
To keep us updated.
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please submit your request in writing to contact details shown at the end of this notice. We will respond within one month, of receipt of your written request and confirmed ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact us on the details set out at the end of this notice.
- Request that we delete your personal data so it is erased from our records.
- Object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Object to automated processing, including profiling.
Enquiries and Complaints
Please contact us if you have any enquiries arising from this privacy notice. Where possible, please raise all enquires in writing.
If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do, please inform us in writing. We will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint as soon as reasonably practicable.
All complaints should be sent to:
Mr Dominic Quirke
Advancing People Ltd
Dombey Court, Pilgrim Centre
01234 268 012 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned with how we are handling your personal information. Their contact details are shown below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane,
0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745
Review of Advancing People LTD Privacy Notice
This Notice was last reviewed in April 2018. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us.