Advancing People are very pleased to be supporting our client, a national charity who are progressive and forward looking. Due to continued growth, the opportunity has arisen for a Youth Worker to join their team in Bedford.
As a Youth Worker you will support the Youth Services Lead in the delivery of activities for young people, including:
* Facilitating the smooth and successful delivery of a variety of after school and holiday activities in Bedford Borough - Kempston
* Supporting day to day administrative tasks
* Promoting courses in schools to maximise reach and engagement
* In conjunction with the Youth Services Lead, liaise with tutors to support the development of ideas and themes to update course content to ensure activities are appealing and relevant
* Researching venues/transport/other activity costs in local areas.
* Arranging venue bookings for future courses-liaise with schools, venues, tutors.
* Attending courses, both after school and holiday activities, to ensure that they run smoothly, liaising between parents, children & staff and providing pastoral care
* Dealing appropriately with enquiries from parents and staff
* Maintaining accurate records for each child/young people
* Collating necessary pre-/post-activity information
* A current First Aid certificate and experience or qualification in Youth Work is desirable.
Skills and Experience
* Experience of managing filing/Admin systems
* Knowledge/experience of financial processes
* Relevant operational experience within school or youth environment
* Experience in health & safety (including Risk Assessments) and safeguarding
* Knowledge of local communities and partnership agencies that support young people
* Conflict resolution
* Effective time management skills.
* Ability to use Information and Communication Technology (specify specific software if required)
* Good written and verbal communication skills and the capacity to engage and communicate with individuals at all levels.
* The ability to be tactful and sensitive in communication and to empathise.
* The ability to work on own initiative within a busy environment and ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
* Good all round level of Education with GCSE's including English (grade A-C)
* Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
Salary: £18,250 - 19,750 FTE
The role is for a fixed number of hours, between 22.5 and 37.5 hours per week, set in agreement with the preferred candidate, with overtime available during holiday club delivery
22.5 - 37.5 hours per week - worked over 3-5 fixed days (Monday - Friday) of 7.5 hrs per day, including 3 days with core delivery hours of 4-7pm, the remaining hours to be completed within office hours.
***CAR DRIVER AND ACCESS TO OWN VEHICLE - ESSENTIAL AS REGULAR LOCAL TRAVEL WILL BE INVOLVED***
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency