Advancing People have an excellent trainee position working for a local insurance company. The right candidate will have an excellent attitude, good people skills and have the desire to train and progress.
Technicians are assigned to an Operating Entity and are responsible for providing technical administration support to broking staff within dedicated Business Units of the Operating Entity. A Technician will be allocated to a team of Technicians who provide specialist support organized around specialist lines of insurance.
They will ensure that their responsibilities are completed in accordance with applicable Company/Group policies.
- Under the direction of line manager and senior colleagues, determines priorities and activities to achieve business and personal goals
- Meets agreed targets
- Manages assigned projects and contributes to other projects as required
- Provides relevant management information to senior managers as required
- Assists in the creation of comprehensive client and broking documents
- Processes slips, quotes, indications and endorsements
- Performs technical duties (including data entry, credit control, chasing subjectivities)
- Keeps informed of all regulatory and legal changes which impacts on the job role
- Ensures up to date records are maintained at all times on the Company systems
- Responds appropriately to urgent issues as they arise
Environment, Customer Focus and Relationships:
- Develops strong relationships with their Business Units
- Develops strong relationships with clients as appropriate
- Deal with incoming enquiries from clients, insurers and third parties as appropriate
- Deal with client renewals and mid-term adjustments as appropriate
- Responds to the clients(both internal and external) requirements as appropriate
- Behaves with all clients (both internal and external) fairly and ethically
- Shares information that could be beneficial to the Operating Entity/Group
- This is an entry level role and full training will be provided. It is not anticipated that the job holder will have knowledge of insurance, but an interest/understanding of this type of work would be a distinct advantage
- Preference will be given to applicants who have worked in Insurance or a customer facing environment
- Attention to detail with ability to produce accurate documentation
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Prioritisation and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to study for professional examinations
- Excellent organisational skills
- Confident communication both written and verbal
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.