Advancing People are very pleased to be supporting our client, a national charity who are progressive and forward looking. As Retail Manager you will be responsible for delivering a sales targeted performance across 3 retail sites and an online presence, working with a team of employed Sales Supervisors and Volunteers.
You will be responsible for delivering sales targeted performance by optimising all aspects of the sales process from initial enquiry through to feedback after the sale. You will maximise sales revenue through best practice stock management, stock rotation, sales presentation and pricing, and deliver excellence in customer service by creating a welcoming, customer centred atmosphere leading to repeat visits and customer retention.
Reporting to the Business Operations Manager:-
* Deliver sales targeted performance by optimising all aspects of the sales process from initial enquiry through to feedback after the sale
* Maximise sales revenue through best practice stock management, stock rotation, sales presentation and pricing
* Deliver excellence in customer service by creating a welcoming, customer centred atmosphere leading to repeat visits and customer retention
* Manage all sales related administration activities including documentation of local processes
* Adhere to financial policies
* Maintain a fully stocked sales area with new, upcycled and donated goods to support sales targets
* Manage complaints and returns and ensure a satisfactory outcome is achieved
* Lead, develop and, support the team of Sales Supervisors and volunteers including induction, training, coaching and feedback to be the best they can be
* Manage rotas in conjunction with the Volunteer Co-ordinator
* Adhere to all relevant legislation and regulations
* Contribute to consistent management of quality service delivery through the Trusted Charity methodology
* To undertake such duties and responsibilities as may be determined by the Line Manager from time to time, according to the needs of the Employer's business.
* To be part of the staff team, develop and maintain constructive relationships with all staff across the Association
* Act at all times as a positive role model demonstrating a caring and forgiving attitude and working with integrity
* Promote a tolerant and respectful attitude within the Association characterised by Christian values being welcoming and valuing of all
* Promote and maintain excellent relations between the charity and its customers, suppliers
Skills and Experience
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Relevant operational experience managing a higher end retail environment
* Experience in health & safety (including Risk Assessments) and safeguarding
* Conflict resolution
* Effective time management skills.
* Ability to use Information and Communication Technology
* Good written and verbal communication skills and the capacity to engage and communicate with individuals at all levels.
* The ability to be tactful and sensitive in communication and to empathise.
* The ability to work on own initiative within a busy environment and ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
* Good all round level of Education with GCSE's including English (grade A-C)
* Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
MUST have access to vehicle, successful applicant will require an enhanced DBS
* £19,500 - £22,000 per annum dependant on experience
* 37.5 hours per week (Tuesday-Saturday)
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.