Advancing People are looking for an experienced Refuge Coach based in South Bedfordshire.
As a Refuge Coach you will work as part of the refuge team, providing person centered support to women and children fleeing domestic abuse who are residing in our clients refuge facilities in Bedfordshire. You will undertake assessments, produce and review support and safety plans for individuals to help them prepare for safe, independent living.
Working in a psychologically informed way you will manage a caseload of clients & provide on-going support and guidance to help women overcome trauma and work towards achieving their goals. In conjunction with the Housing Officer, you will be responsible for managing the rental income of your caseload and will contribute towards the overall targets for the organisation. You will ensure a high standard of service delivery is achieved by championing the organisations values, policies and procedures, including safeguarding residents and or families at risk of abuse.
If you are passionate about making a difference to lives and wanting the best for people and willing to "go the extra mile" to achieve it, then this could be the opportunity for you
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Respond to general enquiries about the refuge project and assist in managing referrals
* Assess the suitability of applicants through PNC check and 'getting to know you' meetings
* Support with the client referral and induction process, ensuring residents understand their rights and responsibilities within the service
* Be responsible for a caseload of residents and guide them to achieve target outcomes - i.e. application and receipt of benefits, personal rent, registering for additional services, keeping appointments, managing crisis, developing independent living skills etc.
* Implement and monitor Safety Plans in conjunction with the resident as appropriate
* Hold regular key work and Support Planning meetings with residents to review aspirations, set goals and monitor progress.
* Work in a trauma informed way, providing on-going practical and emotional support, guidance and signposting to help residents sustain their accommodation and prepare for resettlement
* Ensure that the voices of service users are consistently sought to enable them to shape service delivery
* Perform appropriate health and safety checks, risk assessments and maintain records
* Work with the internal coaches to deliver the best outcomes for parents and children
* Be part of an out of hours service on an on-call rota basis with the team to support the accommodation and/ or residents
* To adhere to and operate within the rent arrears and voids policy and procedures minimising voids and maximising income, where applicable.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
* Communicate effectively with external professionals working with the client, attending meetings/ court hearings where necessary
* Be instrumental in promoting excellent safeguarding practices in conjunction with Local Authority and our clients safeguarding policies
* Ensure full understanding and operation of In-Form Hostel Management System and ensure client details are updated as appropriate.
* Participate fully as a member of the team to ensure that services are provided and maintained to a high standard.
* Be flexible to the changing needs of the Housing services and its service users.
* Abide by all staff and working policies and procedures.
* Promote the aims and purposes of the supported accommodation services
* In addition to the duties set out in this job description the post holder may at times be required to undertake additional or other duties to meet the required needs
The right candidate will have the essential attributes below....
* Working with vulnerable people in a supportive environment
* Helping vulnerable people to manage their needs and working with them to identify strengths and develop life-skills.
* Evidence of CPD
* Good analytical skills to assess needs and establish effective support of residents. Competent in risk assessment/ safety planning
* Ability to build supportive relationships with residents whilst maintaining professional boundaries
* Ability to work as part of the team, but also on own initiative and, at times, unsupervised
* Excellent record keeping and writing skills to keep accurate case notes and record progress
* Ability to use Information and Communication Technology and to learn housing specific software applications
* Good written and verbal communication skills and the capacity to engage and communicate with individuals at all levels
* A good understanding of the experiences and issues facing those fleeing domestic abuse - both women and children
* Good understanding of safeguarding and what constitutes abuse
* Knowledge of skills necessary for people to sustain independent tenancies
* Highly committed to improving the lives of women and children fleeing domestic abuse and helping them achieve successful resettlement
* Full UK Drivers Licence and access to own vehicle is essential.
* Willingness to develop within the job and undergo relevant training
* Friendly personality with a good sense of humour
* Clean enhanced DBS check
Salary - £20,000.00 - £21,000.00 doe
Hours - 37.5 pw - Monday - Friday (Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings/ weekends and be part of the on-call rota)
Holidays - 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Great benefits available
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Sales - Commercial - Charity and Not for Profit - Multilingual - IT