Advancing People are working closely with an International Software business who are looking for a proven Professional Services Consultant, working remotely, whilst being able to visit their office based in Poole for team meetings.
Our client is looking to interview immediately and will on-board a suitable candidate ASAP.
This varied and challenging Professional Services Consultant role will be client facing and responsible for deployment, commissioning and configuration of software applications to end user customers, ensuring projects are completed on time, to a high standard and within budget.
You will be multi-tasking and managing several project deliveries simultaneously, whilst providing technical support to clients at the implementation stage, with the ability to become a subject matter expert of these applications.
Preparing clear and accurate documentation for projects you will be expected to support and recommend improvements based around delivery, methodology and process.
With the confidence to deliver training to end users you will be providing responsive and high levels of customer satisfaction and confidence every step of the way.
Using cases, process flow diagrams and testing requirements when need you will write technical specifications whilst collaborating with the development teams to improve configuration and implementation of these processes.
Working closely with the wider delivery team you will ensure governance is adhered to,
and will also escalate if any delivery dates are at risk through the correct channels.
- Experience of fulfilling a similar role, delivering software solutions to end users, in SaaS or customer precise models with proven knowledge of firewalls, networks, TCP/IP and cloud solutions
- Ability to maintain and use web services, web - based applications and web user interfaces
- A good understanding of using MS IIS, web technologies, Oracle Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, SSL certificate and protocols
- A high calibre and proven communicator that can talk to and understand customer requirements
- Creative, driven and confident in your own ability to deal with clients and end users
- High levels of attention to detail with strong project, organisational and time management skills
- Database relational theory, including data normalisation experience coupled with strong SQL skills with the ability to write efficient queries using Oracle SQL Developer or MS SQL Server - ideally both!
- Experience of using remote tools such as VPN's and Citrix
- Knowledge of CSV, XML and JSON structured file formats with the ability to understand new protocols and formats such as HL7
- Based on customer requirements taken, you will have the skills to create detailed specifications that can be understood by a non-technical based audience
- With a working knowledge of ITIL based software development processes and delivery you will also be familiar with GDPR requirements
- Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision
- Software degree or related ICT equivalent industry relevant qualification
- Proven experience in a similar client facing software delivery or IT role
- Experience of delivering demos and training to customer champions and end users.
You will be given a laptop, soft phone and all the tools you need for the role, along with a very supportive line manager that will provide a full and detailed induction in the role.
Our client has a proven track record of developing staff and empowering them to be free-thinking in the role and not to work from a script.
You will need to have a full and clean driving licence to be considered for this role.
There is a competitive basic salary available for this Professional Services Consultant role, plus travel allowance and benefits with full ongoing support and training.
If you have the client facing software experience our client is looking for then apply now or contact Dominic Quirke at Advancing People directly, for immediate consideration, in complete confidence.