Advancing People are recruiting for two Production Team Leaders for our Manufacturing client in St Neots.
Key Performance Indicators
Reporting to the accountable Production Supervisor you will have an understanding of and responsibility for the measures in place to monitor and improve the departmental KPI's.
You will be able to collect and input the data required accurately to keep these measures current and learn how these can be affected positively as part of a continuous improvement program of the KPI metrics. Escalating issues to the accountable production supervisor.
The company would expect monitoring and display of the KPI's as defined in the description for the departmental accountable production supervisor.
This role is seen to be a hands-on role and as such will still be required to work on production as required by the department. As a team lead you will also be responsible for the following under the guidance of and escalating issue to the accountable production supervisor:
· Organise, allocate and monitor workflow in a Safe environment to meet required Quality and Delivery.
· Motivate and direct the team, creating autonomy and building confidence.
· Maintain good internal supplier & customer relationships by communicating to up & downstream processes in a clear and timely manner.
· Comply to internal requirements including but not limited to Processes, Procedures & Policies as set out by the company.
· Understand production Performance metrics (KPI's).
· Ensure any preventative maintenance program is fulfilled on time for all equipment.
· Maintain Stock of materials and consumables required.
· Actively encourage and positively engage in continuous improvement activities.
· Maintain documents by ensuring they are representative of the current process and meet the requirements and intentions of the process. Any changes required are raised and re-trained as required.
· Offer constructive feedback, advice, support and guidance to personnel whilst maintaining a patient, respectful demeanour, and in doing so provide continual staff training.
It would also be expected that in your role there is a level of flexibility and as such any other reasonable tasks required by the business may be required at any time.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· Good verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal suppliers and customers.
· Good knowledge and proficiency in MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Must be able to work under pressure in a proactive way to meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive "can do" attitude.
· Ability to work independently and to work within teams to achieve the agreed targets.
· Ability to train personnel as required.