Advancing People have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Engineer for our client who are a very well established and respected engineering client who are recruiting due to growth.
The Production Engineer will work within an ISO 9001 environment, to provide an effective service to manufacturing on production and handling methods. To maintain a supply of tools, CNC programs and equipment necessary to achieve an efficient production process. To provide and set standards for direct labour times.
Summary of Duties
The Production Engineer will:
* Determine all manufacturing methods of new products together with the individual operational standard time.
* Produce and amend programs for all CNC machines using CAM systems and produce associated set-up sheets and tooling lists.
* Examine new machine tools, cutting tools and associated media and processes through journals, visiting other users and attending exhibitions.
* Investigate and prepare justification for capital equipment.
* Select and co-ordination of suitable sub-contract sources, with accountability for quality, price and delivery.
* Train and assist engineers and other employees such as operators and apprentices.
* Be involved in cross-functional project teams in improving the efficiency of the manufacturing process.
* Examine other activities that is services to production and to recommend changes for improved productivity.
* Lead in the introduction of new machine tools, providing support to the shop floor during the initial periods.
* Design jigs, fixtures and tooling equipment necessary for production.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Working to engineering drawings at ISO 9001:2015 standards
* Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of metal cutting, turning and milling/drilling.
* Competent in programming CNC machine tools, using CAM.
* Demonstrable experience of process planning products through the manufacturing processes.
* Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
* Good attention to detail
* Flexible and hardworking
* Ability to prioritise
* Calm under pressure
* A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
In order to be considered for this role a candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
* HNC in Production Engineering - Essential
* HND in Production Engineering - Desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, lift, and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Manual lifting requirements include but not limited to the following:
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 5 kgs
* Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 kgs
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 kgs
Salary: up to £30,000 pa DOE
Hours: Office Hours - Monday to Friday
Holidays: 20 days plus 8 Bank Holidays
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Sales - Commercial - Charity and Not for Profit - Multilingual - IT
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency