Resettlement Coordinator - 3 days a week (18-22.5 hours) Flexibility to work from home
Advancing People are looking for an experienced Resettlement Co-ordinator to join an expanding team based in Bedfordshire. This is a great opportunity to be part of a strong and progressive organisation.
To be a part of the housing team, providing bespoke pre-tenancy and resettlement support to residents aged 18-65 in a supported accommodation project and move-on properties in Bedfordshire. As Resettlement Coordinator you will work with the Housing Manager and Housing Coaches in the final stages of support delivery. You will work with residents who have reached the end of their planned programme of resettlement and require support to access independent living accommodation. To manage your caseload of clients in a psychologically informed way, delivering pre-tenancy training to ensure they are prepared for successful independent living. To provide post-move-on advice and guidance to maximise sustainment of tenancy in new accommodation. To ensure a high standard of service delivery is achieved by championing the organisations values, policies and procedures, including safeguarding residents at risk of abuse.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Be responsible for a resettlement caseload of residents and guide them to achieve target outcomes - i.e. developing independent living skills, bidding for accommodation etc.
* Work in a trauma informed way, providing pre-tenancy training and guidance to help residents prepare for resettlement and on-going practical support.
* Provide floating support to those who have experienced rough sleeping to sustain tenancies in our stage-2 accommodation: setting up utilities, budgeting, maintaining neighbourly relations etc.
* Oversee applications to Local Authority Housing Options team.
* Work with the Housing Officer to ensure rent accounts are up to date.
* Support residents in accessing resources to furnish accommodation and save for rent deposits.
* Provide practical assistance with the move from the project to new accommodation.
* Refer residents to floating support services as required.
* Maintain contact for up to 12 weeks following resettlement to monitor successful sustainment of accommodation. This will be extended in stage-2 accommodation depending on need.
* Attend internal and external forums to develop relationships with housing/service providers.
* Work closely with the Local Authority's Resettlement Officer, attending regular resettlement meetings with the HARRP.
* Ensure that the voices of service users are consistently sought to enable them to shape service delivery
* Perform appropriate health and safety checks, risk assessments and maintain records
* Work with the Skills Coach to meet residents' individual needs and deliver the best outcomes
* Be part of an out of hours' service on a rota basis with the team to support the accommodation and/ or residents
* To adhere to and operate within the rent arrears and voids policy and procedures minimising voids and maximising income, where applicable
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
* Communicate effectively with external professionals working with the resident, attending meetings where necessary
* Be instrumental in promoting excellent safeguarding practices in conjunction with Local Authority and the organisation's safeguarding policies
* Ensure full understanding and operation of In-Form Hostel Management System and ensure client details are updated as appropriate.
* Participate fully as a member of the team to ensure that services are provided and maintained to a high standard.
* Be flexible to the changing needs of the Housing services, the organisation and its service users
* Abide by all staff and working policies and procedures
* Promote the aims and purposes of the supported accommodation services and the organisation
* In addition to the duties set out in this job description the post holder may at times be required to undertake additional or other duties to meet the needs of the organisation
As part of the application process, along with your CV, YOU MUST provide a covering letter answering the following points:
1. Describe how your previous experience is relevant to this role?
2. Why are you a good fit for this job?
3. What about this role excites you and made you want to apply?
Salary - £21500-23500 - Pro-rata this basic salary includes a funded travel allowance to cover travel expenses of £1500.00)
Hours - 37.5 pw - Monday - Friday (Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings/ weekends and be part of On-call Rota)
Holidays - 25 days plus Bank Holidays - Pro-rata
Great benefits available
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!