Advancing People are looking for a Senior Packaging Artworker who is experienced in Technical Quality Control. Working within an extremely busy fast paced artwork studio, you'll be providing international packaging artworks produced to the highest standard.
Our Client has over 28 years experience in producing highly innovative designs for brands and own-label products. Its success is founded on long-term relationships based on integrity, reliability, loyalty and trust and it has grown its employee headcount to over 50 employees.
A multinational team who specialise in design, artwork, digital illustration, web development, 3D visuals and consumer strategy.
Extensive FMCG background is required
* To check and approve print ready files against approved designs to ensure:-
- Artworks are technically correct to the supplied print specifications.
- The correct use of colours, cutters, layers on all jobs are in compliance with company working procedures and client expectations.
- All associated images are correct for size, colour profile, resolution and colour separation for the required print processes.
- Faithful rendition of design, regarding layout and typography.
- Appropriate style-guide has been implemented correctly.
* Mark up any amendments and liaise with the artwork team/account managers.
* Keep all internal departments aware of the status of projects using the online print data spreadsheet.
* Work closely with members of the production and account management teams to identify efficiencies and process improvements.
* Amend existing artwork files as required during quiet times.
* This is a technical artwork QC role with no design responsibilities.
Key Skills & Experience
* 5+ years of Artworker experience.
* Extensive FMCG packaging experience.
* Experience of checking packaging artwork files for print-ability in a fast paced environment is essential.
* Expert knowledge of packaging artwork and associated printing technologies. For example from a background as a packaging/technical Artworker or have Print Reproduction experience.
* Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
* Expert knowledge of colour separation, file set-up and supply using spot colour channels.
* Demonstration of precision and excellent attention to detail from photography, typography and file set up to follow the client's guidelines and requirements.
* Conscientious, reliable, good attendance and timekeeping standards.
* Excellent attention to detail and works with precision.
* Effective project manager, able to manage workload.
* Honest, trustworthy, and able to work unsupervised.
* Demonstrates initiative, is creative and contributes ideas.
* Pragmatic approach to problem solving without cutting corners.
* Friendly, approachable, respectful and a positive team player.
* Flexible, adaptable, calm whilst working under pressure.
* Professional with excellent communication skills.
* Proactive, takes ownership of daily tasks with a can do attitude.
* Must be able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
A competitive Salary of between £30K to £35K pa dependant on experience
Holidays :- 23 days plus Bank Holidays - increasing with length of service
Hours:- Monday to Friday 9 till 5.30
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists Sales - Commercial - Charity and Not for Profit - Multilingual - IT
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency