Advancing People have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer for our client who are a very well established and respected engineering client who are recruiting due to growth.
As the Design Engineer you will be required to work within an ISO 9001 environment and carry out all aspects of design for manufacture of the company's mechanical products.
Summary of Duties
The Design Engineer will:
* Work to ISO 9001 standards as relating to product design project work and order processing
* Using and exploiting the company's 3D CAD systems (NX, Inventor and AutoCAD software) to their maximum capability.
* Design for manufacture and assembly protocols. Produce 3D part models and assemblies and detailed 2D component and assembly drawings to current standards.
* Provide calculations for performance and safety considerations including FEA and FMEA analysis.
* Project manage new product development as well as existing products and individual one-off projects. This may involve assemblies for quotation requiring investigation work including the production of precise layouts, design improvements of existing components and part rationalisation.
* Embrace company VAVE processes to generate the most cost-effective solutions and designs.
* Produce detailed material specifications, product IOM manuals and other technical reports/documentation as required.
* Produce and amend Bills of Material.
* Identify improvement opportunities and participate in and lead continuous improvement activities including team kaizen events.
* Develop working relationships with colleagues within the company that are productive in terms of supporting and delivering your work and that of the overall organisation.
* Identify and undertake activities to develop knowledge skills and understanding where gaps have been identified.
* Actively promoting the company's team values: Respect, Professionalism, Honesty, Fairness, Ownership of responsibility and Celebration of Diversity.
* Comply with the policies, procedures and protocols in place within the organisation.
* Undertake other work within the Engineering department as may be determined by the Department Manager from time to time, up to or at a level consistent with the principal responsibilities of the job. This could include practical work in the test facility or visits to suppliers and customers in the UK and abroad.
Your Skills/Experience requirements.....
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* A minimum of 5 years related mechanical design experience within a 3D CAD environment.
* Application experience of FEA software preferred.
* Engineering experience related to rotating machinery preferred
* Ability to work flexibly to achieve tight deadlines and targets
* A dynamic team player with positive attitude and a "Rolled up sleeves/Get it done" work ethic.
In order to be considered for this role a candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
* Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) preferred.
* Minimum of Higher National Certificate / Diploma with appropriate industrial experience.
* Registered Incorporated Engineer (IEng) not essential but preferred
Salary: up to £40,000 pa DOE
Hours: Office Hours - Monday to Friday
Holidays: 20 days plus 8 Bank Holidays
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Sales - Commercial - Charity and Not for Profit - Multilingual - IT
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency