Advancing People are working closely with an International service provider who are looking for an ambitious Management Accountant to be based within 30 minutes of either Woking or Birmingham.
Our client is looking to interview immediately and will on-board a suitable candidate ASAP.
This fantastic opportunity could suit a CIMA / ACCA finalist or qualified management accountant and will be working specifically on revenues and costs for my client's external blue chip corporate clients.
Our client offers an array of business services for some of the biggest and well known names in the UK and this role offers a genuine opportunity for study support and career progression.
The main focus of the role will be managing and reporting financial performance across a wide portfolio of accounts with a focus on some of the largest companies within the retail sector.
This role will involve a combination of time in the office and working from home during a typical working week, so support and development is on tap but you also have the variety to avoid the daily commute.
Key parts of the role:
- Preparation of accurate monthly management accounts, forecasting, budgeting and balance sheet reconciliations, whilst ensuring adherence to internal accounting policies and GAAP.
- Production and interpretation of a detailed monthly reporting pack, presenting the financial at monthly reviews to senior management
- Close Business Partnering, liaising with Operations, Programme/Project Managers and Project Analysts, displaying the confidence to support and challenge financial assumptions and identifying key risks
- Translation of sales pipeline opportunities into financial forecasts.
- Management of working capital, driving account cash collection through proactive management of WIP and debt balances
- Assisting with budget preparation
- Production of ad-hoc reports and analysis to support and assist in decision making.
- Practical financial accounting experience and recognised accountancy qualification
(or at final stage of exams)
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Possess high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Proven Microsoft Excel experience
- Experience of project accounting
- Systems experience in ORACLE and Business Objects
- To have worked closely with senior non-Finance resources
- IT industry knowledge
Our client is offering an excellent package with a basic of between £55,000 - £60,000 plus benefits, depending on experience with full study support available with excellent opportunities to progress.
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.