Are you a qualified accountant with experience within a manufacturing business? Do you have a demonstrated track record of implementing new MIS and business partnering?
Advancing People Recruitment Specialists are recruiting for a Management Accountant for a market leading, manufacturer in Flitwick, Bedfordshire.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business to support the FD to partner senior management in making critical business decisions and planning to ensure business growth and long term success.
- Determine what information is needed by management and explain numbers to non-financial managers in a way they can understand and action
- Take a financial lead with Financial Director in departmental and inter-departmental meetings
- Gather and analyse financial information for corporate accounting, including preparing and publishing a timely monthly management pack detailing budgets, variances, forecasts, risks identified - providing insightful and commercial analysis to minimise and manage risks, suggesting improvements
- Support budgeting and funding activities
- Explain to management the financial consequences of business decisions, including advising on the financial implications of projects
- Monitor spending and financial controls
- Ensure quality control and compliance through conducting internal business audits, developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- As MIS super user, empower others to maximise value driven from MIS, suggesting updates and improvements for accounting systems
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Fixed asset register maintenance
- Act as Data Controller as per Data Protection Act
- Additional duties as necessary
- Deputise for the Financial Director as directed by the CEO
- Qualified - CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Previous experience within a manufacturing business
- Proven recent and relevant experience as a management accountant in a commercial SME environment
- Excellent knowledge and application of financial and accounting software, MS Office and experience of MIS and/or ERP systems
- Deep understanding and application of data privacy standards
- Excellent critical thinker, researcher and problem solver with high attention to detail and accuracy
In return our client is offering a salary of £45,000 to £50,000 and a range of benefits. This is a full time, permanent position with great prospects for progression within a forward thinking and expanding company.
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.