Advancing People are working closely with an expanding Housing Association who are looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to be based in Luton, with some travel to Bedford.
To implement and oversee all maintenance work to buildings owned or leased by our client, all necessary maintenance to ensure that all premises used are kept in an acceptable state of repair in order to meet / comply with all statutory regulations.
Under the direction of your line manager, implement the specific tasks listed below. As a multi-skilled tradesman the maintenance work covers a multitude of areas which include Carpentry, Electrical repairs, Plumbing, decorating and maintenance of fixtures and fittings throughout the hostels and associated offices, ensuring that all systems and statutory testing / certification are strictly adhered to.
Plumbing and carpentry skills are of significant importance.
* To resolve problems that will result in the increased damage to the building if not attended to e.g. water leaks
* Preparing and decoration of tenants rooms prior to the being let
* Repairing or replacing broken/faulty door locks, door closers and magnetic door release systems
* Identifying electrical faults including switches, sockets, cooker hobs and associated wiring
* Resolving heating and hot water issues, whether via own plumbing ability or through an appropriate contractor
* Unblocking drainage and toilets where blocked, replacement of sanitary ware
* Accompany external contractor's/service engineers whilst on site, noting actions/outcome
* Weekly fire testing of fire panel and sounders, fire equipment, emergency lights and break glass call points
* Weekly monitoring of the building with the view to identify all maintenance requirements, both reactive and planned
* Removal of graffiti both internal and external
* Repairing any broken furniture e.g. wardrobe, drawers, chairs within rooms and staff facilities
* Application of safe systems of work / identifying method of work and appropriate risk attached
* Keeping all records up to date
* Maintain all maintenance equipment, clean down tools and keep up to date the tool asset register
* On completion of the works put completed worksheets in site folder (or complete using INFORM on smartphone/pc ), paying attention to noting any necessary follow-up work that may be required
* Carry out other duties as required by your line manager
* Respond to out of hours emergency calls as and when required
* Be part of a scheduled on-call duty rota
Strong cross trade experience in the building / maintenance trade - emphasis on Plumbing & Carpentry
Experience in the use of a multitude of power tools (Jigsaws, circular saws, angle grinders, drill drivers, power SDS drills, chop saws, routers and use of a variety of hand tools
First Aid At Work Certificate
Excellent customer care
Ability to teach others
Maintain and observe conditions of health and safety
Willingness to develop within the job and undergo relevant training
Clean enhanced DBS check
Additional desirable requirements
Experience of dealing with a variety of contractors to ensure high quality services
Experience of raising orders and ordering suppliers
Experience & Knowledge to run a work site area with particular reference to site safety
Formal training with a recognisable qualification in the building trade, Plumbing, Carpentry e.g. NVQ level 2 or City & Guilds certification or demonstrated equivalent experience
A company vehicle will be available for travel between locations.
* Full time - 40 hours per week - 8am - 4.30pm
* £23,000 to £25,000 pa dependant on experience
* Life Insurance
* EAP (Employer Assistance Programme)
* 25 Days' holiday plus public holidays
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.