Advancing People are very pleased to be supporting our client with this opportunity for a Maintenance Team Leader. Our client is a progressive, forward looking, small Housing Association, underpinned by Christian values, and committed to supporting people to recover from trauma and the devastating impact of homelessness, in a safe and aspirational environment.
To lead the maintenance team and manage all work that is necessary to ensure that all premises, across multiple locations in Bedfordshire used are kept in an acceptable state of repair and voids are minimised. To manage housekeeping and contractors. Support Health & Safety measures across multiple locations.
Repairs & Voids
* To maintain and record all maintenance requirements and to arrange a work programme on the basis of priority
* Application of safe systems of work / identifying method of work and appropriate risk attached
* To resolve problems that will result in the increased damage to the building if not attended to e.g. water leaks
* Repairing any broken furniture e.g. wardrobe, drawers, chairs within rooms and staff facilities
* Identifying electrical faults including switches, sockets, cooker hobs and associated wiring
* Resolving heating and hot water issues, whether via own plumbing ability or through an appropriate contractor
* Removal of graffiti both internal and external
* Unblocking drainage and toilets where blocked, replacement of sanitary ware
* Preparing and decoration of tenants rooms prior to being let.
* Repairing or replacing broken/faulty door locks, and door locking systems
* Overseeing the restoration of electric power to rooms and resolving any heating problems
* Allocate all reactive work based on the maintenance requests procedure
* Be part of a scheduled on-call rota and respond to out-of-hours emergency calls as and when required
* To create a working environment for the well-being of staff and residents
* Ensure that the organisation's premises and resources are run and maintained in an economical and efficient manner
* Devise and schedule proactive cyclical maintenance plans for all sites and completion of relevant paperwork
* General cleaning and waste disposal
* Monitoring of the heating and water systems and if necessary adjusting according to the prevailing weather conditions. Arrange the annual maintenance to the boilers.
* Weekly monitoring of the building with the view to identify all maintenance requirements, both reactive and planned
* Organise the decoration on a cyclical basis of all communal areas including lounges, toilets etc.
* Weekly monitoring and organising the maintenance to the exterior of the buildings
* Room fittings and furniture, equipment and office spaces
* Maintain all maintenance equipment, clean down tools and keep up to date the tool asset register
* Lead a multi-skilled team across numerous locations in Bedfordshire, maintaining communication and morale
* Manage the workload of the maintenance and housekeeping teams
* To train and mentor Maintenance Technicians/Apprentices, supervision and planning on the job training programmes
Admin & Purchasing
* Responsible for creation, placement and receipts of orders, material and labour (contracted)
* Responsible for ordering/replenishment of maintenance equipment with the Director
* On a daily basis liaise with contractors and external landlords
* Keeping all records up to date
* 3 years or more management experience with a proven track record in supervising maintenance, housekeeping and contractors
* Experience of delivering hard/soft service facilities management
* Strong cross-trade experience in the building / maintenance trade
* Proven track record of management and delivery of exceptional customer service
* Experience of dealing with a variety of contractors to ensure high quality services
* Experience of project management in construction
* Experience of conducting 1to1's and staff appraisals
* Experience and knowledge of health, fire and safety management and relevant legislation in a high risk environment.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
A sound knowledge of building management and its application and or Formal training with a recognisable qualification in the building trade, plumbing e.g. City & Guilds
Familiarity with use of JCT contracts for the UK construction industry
First Aid at work certificate
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
IT proficient in Excel, Outlook, Word etc.
Ability to organise self & others to maintain high standards of service & to lead teams to desired goals
The ability to solve on the spot problems
Maintain and observe conditions of health and safety
Willingness to develop within the job and undergo relevant training
Be committed to Equality and Diversity Policy
Clean enhanced DBS check
Full and clean UK Drivers License
Company vehicle available for travel between locations.
* Full time - 40 hours per week
* £28,500 to £30,500 pa dependant on experience
* Life Insurance
* EAP (Employer Assistance Programme)
* 25 Days' holiday plus public holidays
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.