Are you an experienced and multi-skilled maintenance engineer, with experience of carrying out planned and reactive repairs on production equipment and site facilities?
If so, then this permanent Maintenance Engineer role, based in Bedford is the perfect role for you.
We are representing an established Global manufacturer who are looking to interview and appoint a suitable candidate swiftly - apply now for immediate consideration.
You will have the ability to work with electrical control systems up to fault finding level, completing mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic repairs and fault finding to a range of manufacturing equipment.
- To monitor and inspect the condition of production equipment and site facilities and carryout maintenance and repairs as necessary to ensure safety and maximise uptime performance.
- To devise planned preventative maintenance schedules and update the Alchemist Scheduling Software accurately and on time.
- Monitor line performance for operational efficiency, report OEE to management and devise improvements to existing processes.
- Complete root cause analysis breakdowns occur and implement solutions to mitigate reoccurrence.
- Assist with safety related issues on site including writing of risk assessments and safe operating procedures - a key member of the site safety team.
- Ordering and stock control of spare parts, generate critical spares lists.
- Ensure statutory records for equipment are maintained on time.
- Create and keep updated maintenance work lists and proactively report to management progress.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Strong fault diagnosis skills on industrial electrical and mechanical systems to rectify breakdowns to production machinery and site facilities;
- CNC Cutting Machines
- Manual Cutting Machines
- Fabrication Booths
- Able to read electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Carry out planned preventive maintenance tasks.
- Record all planned and unplanned work in the Alchemist Scheduling Software before end of shift.
- Ensure all engineering work carried out on site is completed to the required safety standards.
- Issue permits to work and monitor contractor performance.
- Monitor and record the performance of production equipment.
- Suggest improvements and if approved carry out associated modifications as small projects.
- Liaise with suppliers, obtaining best prices and deliveries for services, spare parts and equipment purchases.
- When necessary, work on the line / equipment to monitor performance.
- Become an expert in the operation of all equipment on site.
- Lock off and tag out machinery when performing maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure risk assessments and SWP's are in place prior to performing any tasks.
- Complete dynamic risk assessments when performing a new task.
- Be flexible for occasional out of hours emergency machine repair.
Health and Safety
- Ensure all Quality and Health and Safety standards are maintained, and correct procedures are operated within the department.
- Ensure housekeeping standards provide a safe and healthy working environment.
- Keep fire exits and escape routes clear at all times.
- Always work in a safe manner.
- Report any accidents / near misses to the Safety Officer.
- Report any Hazards.
A basic salary of £30,000 - £35,000 plus benefits is available for the role, working Monday - Thursday 8:30am - 5:00pm and 8:30am - 4:30pm on Friday's.
If you have the proven maintenance engineer experience our client is looking for then apply now!
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.