Advancing People Recruitment Specialists are working with a global imaging business based in Raynes Park recruiting for a Lens Technician.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to begin or continue their career with a household name brand and receive first class training and development. The role will involve the servicing and repair of broadcast cine lenses to the highest possible standard and although this specific background is not expected, previous experience of either mobile phone or photocopier repairs would be a good basis for learning.
- Service, repair and maintain broadcast and cine lenses, ensuring quality KPI's are met.
- Accurately record details, spare parts and provide full audit traceability of each repair undertaken.
- Be willing to travel to visit customers for technical support and exhibitions when needed
- Form relationships with companies and end users
- Prepare quotations and spare parts price lists in Excel
- Gain information on competitor's products, pricing and market strategies
- Show passion for learning by building knowledge about all potential future opportunities
- Keeping the work place clean and presentable
- General office duties including loan and delivery notes, courier booking and generally supporting the rest of the team.
- Basic mechanical and electrical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in broadcast industry ideal but not essential
- Used to on-site customer visits, fault finding and building customer relationships
- Adaptable and flexible and be motivated to learn new tasks and processes quickly
- Confident and personable, able to fit well into a small team
- Excellent communications skills and ability to think outside the box
- Some sales experience would be advantageous
- Full UK driving licence
In return our client is offering:
- Basic salary of up to £25,000 (dependent on experience)
- 10% Performance Bonus
- 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Free Parking
- Working Hours: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday