Advancing People Recruitment Specialists are recruiting for a Junior Medical Informatics Engineer to be field based, for a global, market leading imaging business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large organisation with scope for progression for a motivated and driven individual. The primary function of this role is to provide support to an assigned customer group by working on incidents and ensuring service levels are met.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions for assigned group of customers.
- Build trust and rapport with assigned customers.
- Talk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Manage customer anxiety throughout the Incident resolution process, ensuring they are regularly kept informed of progress, actions and next steps.
- Direct and escalate unresolved Incidents to the assigned level 2 engineer.
- Monitor response and fix times and escalate any Incidents that may breach the customer Service Level Agreement to the relevant management.
- Ensure all Incidents are fully recorded and documented within the relevant Customer Relationship Management system.
- Identify any repeat Incidents and log with the Business Relationship Manager for Problem Management.
- Ensure correct severity levels are assigned based on Incident clarification and notified to the customer where a difference of opinion may exist.
- Ensure site health checks are completed.
- Carry out break fix in the field, approved by the Service & Implementation Manager.
- Manage workstations across the MI install base.
- Educated to A-Level or BTEC level, ideally in an IT discipline.
- At least 12 months' IT helpdesk experience, which must include desktop experience (building kit, imaging kit, windows roll-out).
- Knowledge of VMware.
- Experience working with latest versions of Microsoft Windows and/or Server.
- Adaptable and flexible and be motivated to learn new tasks and processes quickly.
- Customer service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills - telephone, verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Full UK driving licence and happy to undertake national travel.
In return our client is offering a salary of up to £25,000, 10% performance bonus, company car/car allowance, 25 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays, Private Medical Cover, Pension and Life Assurance.
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.