Advancing People Recruitment Specialists are now recruiting for an IT Service & Systems Manager to be based in Flitwick, Bedfordshire for a well-established and ambitious manufacturing business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding business during a time of growth and to develop and improve their IT offering. There is lots of scope for someone to make their mark on the business by changing systems and making efficiencies.
* Lead IT services to transform and/or transition current and new systems fit for the successful future of the business.
* Provide IT and communication systems, hardware and software implementation, and support service to end users in an efficient and timely manner.
* Direct and affect external IT service providers with regards to specialist work, projects or installations as required.
* Support the site users of factory and office systems whilst ensuring the smooth running of all IT services within the site.
- Maintain the smooth running and operation of IT services - networks, systems and support - and minimise production down time by use of preventative measures.
* Provide support of trace-ability systems and for factory floor based bespoke applications where appropriate.
* Provide day to day IT services support, responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests, ensuring that the site has in place a secure and resilient infrastructure.
* Support all IT hardware, software, and production-based systems within a very fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
* Manage Backup, Antivirus, Proxy, Monitoring and Patching.
* Contribute to developing and testing disaster recovery plans in line with business policy.
* Maintain a list of issues and ensure that they are managed and cleared in a timely manner using our internal management systems and processes.
* Commission desktop and laptop hardware.
* Install and test hardware, operating systems and software applications as advised by Technical Manager.
* Update the Technical Manager, and other managers, proactively as appropriate.
* Provide out of hours support.
* Set up accounts for new users and remove accounts when instructed by managers.
* Repair and replace equipment as necessary.
* Provide assistance and training to users, including remote users, in the use of the business's personal computer hardware, mobile hardware and software.
* Set up, configure and administer desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning pre-agreed security levels and access policies.
* Be the "Super User" for all IT systems and provide superuser level support for the MIS system and associated databases.
* Maintain IT systems including the network, servers, individual workstations, telephones and peripherals.
* Design and produce interactive electronic user forms and reports both for the MIS and independent of the MIS system.
* Propose IT solutions to business problems as they arise.
* Participate in the technical aspects of IT capital investment decisions as and when required.
* Promote adoption of Office 365 and enable users to make full use of its potential.
- Qualification in ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) desirable.
* Has working knowledge of MySql
* Highly analytical with technical skill, demonstrable through experience of introducing IT services and successful problem solving.
* Ideally the candidate has been involved in the implementation and becoming a super-user of at least one commercial MIS system.
* Proactive, dynamic, motivational, collaborative and able to deliver results to deadlines in a constantly changing environment.
* Clear, personable and excellent communicator - inter-personally and in writing - demonstrated explaining technical details to people who are not technically focused in way that can be understood and acted upon.
* Team player with ability to be self-sufficient.
* Strong planning and organisational skills along with the ability to be adaptable/ flexible to changing business demands.
* Ability to confidently analyse, interpret and report data in a user-friendly way.
* Ideally has experience of a commercial manufacturing background
Competitive salary - £35 - £40K pa (dependant on experience) and excellent benefits
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists Sales - Commercial - Charity and Not for Profit - Multilingual - IT
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency