Advancing People Recruitment Specialists are now recruiting for an IT Service Operations Lead to be based in Ampthill, Bedfordshire for a well-established and ambitious manufacturing business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding business during a time of growth and to develop and improve their IT offering. There is lots of scope for someone to make their mark on the business by changing systems and making efficiencies.
- Lead and develop IT services and operations with direction from the Directors and Operational Management Team, to transform and/or transition current and new systems fit for the future of the business.
- Provide IT and communication systems (jointly defined as IT), hardware and software implementation, and support service to IT systems users in an efficient and timely manner.
- Direct and affect external IT service providers with regards to specialist work, projects or installations as required.
- Support the site users of factory and office systems whilst ensuring the smooth running of all IT services within the site.
- Work in a safe manner ensuring IT security is maintained in the business systems.
- Minimum of three years MySql experience is ESSENTIAL
- Proven recent and relevant experience within an IT support background and database technologies including MySql Server, SQL queries and report writing.
- Qualification in ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) desirable.
- Highly analytical with technical skill, demonstrable through experience of introducing IT services and successful problem solving.
- Proactive, dynamic, motivational, collaborative and able to deliver results to deadlines in a constantly changing environment.
- Clear, personable and excellent communicator - interpersonally and in writing - demonstrated explaining technical details to people who are not technically focused in way that can be understood and acted upon.
- Team player with ability to be self-sufficient.
- Strong planning and organisational skills along with the ability to be adaptable/ flexible to changing business demands.
- Ability to confidently analyse, interpret and report data in a user-friendly way.
In return our client is offering a salary of between £35,000 to £40,000 plus excellent benefits.
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.