Advancing People have a great opportunity for an experienced IT Networks & Security Consultant for one of our very established IT Client's based in Bedford.
To be responsible for the design, implementation and support of the company's and customer systems and solutions based on the Network and security platforms, including Disaster Recovery; providing support to customers and client personnel as part of contracted managed service contracts; supporting Sales and Client Services teams.
Key result areas
* Design, implement and support internal systems based on Network and Security platforms.
* Design, implement and support the Disaster Recovery process for the internal network based systems.
* Provide assistance to internal sales staff in pre and post sales activities as it relates to the provision of Network & Security based services.
* Provide assistance and support to customers and client personnel as part of the services covered by Network & Security service contracts.
* Provide support, guidance and assistance to internal and external personnel in the use of Network and Security technology and connectivity solutions.
* Ongoing support to Client Services in delivering contracted services.
* Maintain currency with design & best practice enhancements and emerging technologies.
* Designing and implementing solutions based on Network & Security platforms.
* Supporting Client Services in pre-sales customer facing activities, providing high quality technical design and proposal documentation.
* Work closely with other team members to implement projects.
* Training of other team members to ensure service and project delivery is maintained at all times.
* Resolving support calls and attending customer sites as appropriate.
* Provide 3rd level support to all contracted services customers.
* To undertake training as discussed and agreed in order to ensure up to date knowledge for Cisco and Checkpoint Support is maintained.
* Assist Client Services with provision of knowledge and/or documentation in support of contracted services.
* Provision of automated routines to assist with the requirements of contracted services remote and hosted support contracts as requested by the Technical and Function Leads or Client Services.
* Undertake other related tasks as requested by the Technical Lead.
* To understand and fulfil the responsibilities for secure management of personal data of both internal and external customers in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018
Key Personal Requirements
* 6+ years experience, able to demonstrate taking ownership and designing solutions to meet the customers needs
* Minimum qualifications such as Cisco CCNP certified in ether Routing and Switching and/or Data Centre
* Check Point certified to CCSE (CCSA will be considered)
* Routing technologies (BGP, OSPF) including VRF
* Switching technologies (VPC, Spanning Tree, Cisco Nexus 7K, 5K and 2K. Catalyst 6500 & 4500 series Switches)
* Load balancing technologies
* Experience with VMWare
* Demonstrable Linux experience
* Demonstrable Alcatel Lucent SROS experience
* Proven track record of supporting WAN/LAN based network services
* Experience of network security & firewalls (CISCO & Checkpoint products)
* Extensive knowledge & use of Microsoft applications (inc. VISIO)
* Experience of using network management & diagnostic tools
* Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues using Wireshark/Tcpdump.
* Conform to internal procedures / policies
* Ability to produce technical documents & procedures
* Experience in responding to RFP, RFQ or other Bid documentation
* Strong organisational and administrative skills
* Ability to motivate staff and foster collaboration
* Identify personal development / training for team
* Mentoring of team members
* Excellent problem determination, analytical and resolution skills
* Transformation & automation of repetitive tasks
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to demonstrate initiative
* Excellent customer facing skills
* Sharing Expertise and knowledge with other engineers
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Time management skills
* Willingness to work unsociable hours
* Be aware & adopt inter-related technologies
For this you will be rewarded with a competitive salary of between £55K to £60K pa + Car Allowance + bonus
Benefits from start date:
* 25 days holidays (pro rata on start date)
* On site gym
* Use of Personal Trainers
* Deep Tissue Sports Massage (1hr session)
* Relaxing Massage (20 Min session)
* Free eye test
* £100 towards glasses for new prescription
* Fruit Baskets
* Lifestyle Benefits
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Extensive health and well being educational programmes delivered in-house
Benefits after probation:
* 5% of basic salary contributed into pension fund
* Life Assurance
* Private Medical Insurance (inc spouse/partner & children)
* Cycle to work Scheme
* Income Protection Scheme
* Travel Insurance
* Will Writing
* Tax Return Service
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists - Sales - Commercial - Charity and Not for Profit - Multilingual - IT
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency