Advancing People have a contract that has the potential to go permanent in the future. Our client is based in Bedford and are looking for an experienced Inventory Controller
Contract Duration: 6 months
Location: Bedford Office (a home based element could be accommodated)
Package: Up to £25,000 per annum, 10% Performance Bonus, Pension (6% Employer Contribution, 3% Employee Contribution), Life Assurance, 25 days holiday (exclusive of Bank Holidays) per annum
The overall purpose of inventory control is to ensure the best possible first-time availability of products in the warehouse, whilst also ensuring that stock levels and other inventory costs are kept within business targets. Knowledge of market place/customers and the use of Information Technology is key.
- Previous inventory control experience
- Experience of stock inventory management systems (SAP would be preferred)
- Highly organised with strong analytical and planning skills
- Excellent customer focus (internal and external stakeholders) and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills - telephone, verbal and written
- Confident & personable with a can-do attitude
- A self-motivated, pro-active individual, driven to achieve targets.
- Adaptable and flexible and be motivated to learn new tasks and processes quickly.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong PC skills (including Excel)