Advancing People are actively seeking strong candidates to be an Insurance Clams Technician, an entry level position with our client who are a leading Insurance Group.
If you have previous experience working within an Insurance Company or are a Graduate or College leaver with good grades, clear written and spoken English with strong attention to detail and good with Excel then this is a great opportunity for you, especially if you want the opportunity to progress in the future.
As an Insurance Claims Technician you will join the Specialty Claims team based in Bedford. You will be assisting the administration of clients' claims in accordance with the relevant Company and/or Group policies to achieve targets, develop the business and deliver an excellent and comprehensive service.
- Develop strong relationships with divisional teams
- Respond to the teams' requirements as appropriate
- Behave with all clients (both internal and external) fairly and ethically
- Process claims in accordance with the claims OPM
- Create claims documents when appropriate
- Ensure up to date records are maintained at all times on the company systems
- Interpret instructions and issues arising, and then implement actions according to policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Group and/or Company policies and procedures
- Ensure correct authorisation is obtained and processes followed when required by the Group and/or Company policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that own performance, HR and T&C records are up to date and meet the Group and/or Company's requirements
- Maintain accurate records and deal with correspondence appropriately
- Provide relevant management information to senior management
- Manage assigned projects and contribute to other projects as required
- Respond appropriately to urgent issues as they arise
- Keep informed of all legal and regulatory developments relevant to the department
- Share information that could be beneficial to the Company
Representing the Company
- Travel to the London office when necessary
- Any other reasonable duties, as required
Skills and abilities required
- Attention to detail with ability to process information accurately
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Prioritisation and organisational skills
- Competent IT skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to undertake and demonstrate competence in technical training, as required by the industry regulator
- Willingness to study for professional examinations
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience not essential, training will be given
- Basic technical knowledge of FCA regulations as they pertain to insurance intermediaries
- Understanding of processes and procedures within the insurance market and the impact this has on the claims process is ideal
- Previous experience of working in a team or customer focused environment would be ideal
A level Grade A-C (or equivalent)
Salary £17500.00 - £19,000.00 pa (dependant on experience)
Hours - 37.5 pw - Monday to Friday - 9 till 5.30
Holiday - 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Plus many Benefits!
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.