Advancing People have the privilege of assisting a not for profit organisation based in Bedford, with the recruitment of an experienced HR Advisor.
To work with managers to resolve staffing issues and ensuring that the trust remains within Employment Law at all times.
- Oversee the database of all training courses undertaken by staff and monitor progress on the annual training plan.
- Monitor evaluations and inform CEO if necessary of any issues/concerns.
- Maintain database of statistics for Equal Opportunities.
- Ensure all HR documentation is complete and up to date (employee data / files, course catalogue, contracts etc).
- Carry out improvements to the way advice and support is delivered as required
- Provide consistent, accurate and clear advice on the full range of employment policies to people managers and employee.
- Provide centralised advice and support on employment issues.
- Work with individual managers on any issues of concerns regarding staff.
- Support managers with delicate decisions, if and when necessary.
- Undertake disciplinary and/or grievance meetings/probationary meetings etc.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork for meetings is collated in a timely manner and produced to relevant parties as and when necessary.
- Oversee for training internally and externally and ensure that evaluations are given after and then followed up with a three month evaluation.
- Ensure that exit interviews are carried out with staff leaving.
Recruitment and Selection:
- To prepare and send out information packs.
- To receive and ensure relevant paperwork is collated for shortlisting.
- To participate at interviews and take notes.
- To prepare Employment Contracts and ensured that they are signed by the Chief Executive.
Sickness and Absence
- To oversee the monitor of sickness and absence and notify manager of any occurring patterns.
- To undertake return to work interviews for sickness of over 5 days.
- To inform the Chief Executive of any concerns/issues regarding employees sickness/absence.
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence and reports. Make copies of correspondence and other printed material.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Provide reporting systems as required.
- Operate within policies and procedures.
- Ensure the maximum use of information technology systems.
- Ensure that office cover is adhered to at all times in line with health and safety regulations.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to this post, as necessary or as requested.
Hours of work are Monday - Friday 9.00-5.00
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency