Advancing People are recruiting for a Housing Team Leader on behalf of a leading Registered Housing Association for their housing team based in Bedford.
To be an integral part of the housing team, providing person centered support to residents aged 16-25 across two supported accommodation projects in Bedford. Assist the Housing Manager in the general day to day management of the service, with responsibility for the supervision and management of a small staff team. To manage a small caseload of clients in a psychologically informed way, providing on-going support and guidance to help them overcome trauma and work towards achieving their goals and successful resettlement. In conjunction with the Housing Officer and the Housing Manager, you will be accountable for maximising income & occupancy to meet targets within your area. You will work with your staff team to ensure a high standard of service delivery is achieved by championing the organisation's values, policies and procedures, including safeguarding residents at risk of abuse.
Main duties and responsibilities......
* Manage a team of staff to ensure high quality performance, empowering them to achieve the best outcomes for residents across the projects in your remit
* Achieve excellent utilisation percentages in line with targets, and manage referrals from CAPITA to ensure the organisation meets contractual obligations with the Local Authority.
* Maximise rental income and meet relevant targets relating to debt, ensuring Rent Action Plans are completed in consultation with the Housing Officer and that required actions are completed within the specified timeframe
* Ensure that all staff/ volunteers within your remit receive a thorough induction and are supported to work with a 'trauma informed', 'strengths based' approach in line with the organisations 'PIE' (Psychologically Informed Environment) strategy.
* Regularly review training needs of staff and feed back to the Housing Manager
* Ensure full understanding and operation of In-Form Hostel Management System and ensure resident details are updated as appropriate.
* Be responsible for a caseload of residents and guide them to achieve target outcomes - i.e. application and receipt of benefits, personal rent, registering for additional services, keeping appointments, managing crisis, developing independent living skills etc.
* Ensure risk assessments, support files and Personal Development Plans are consistent, sufficient, accurate and up to date by performing regular file audits
* Regularly review services in consultation with residents and make amendments to service delivery as a result of service user involvement
* Continue to build on the numbers of positive departures and the effectiveness of the resettlement process
* Ensure full understanding of the Local Authorities, Supporting People QAF and significantly contribute to achieving Grade A as per the organisation's strategic objectives
* Participate in the review of policies and procedures as required.
* Contribute to the effectiveness of communication within the organisation and attend meetings, case reviews and team meetings as required.
* Participate fully as a member of the team to ensure that services are provided and maintained to a high standard
* Attend supervision/training as required, conduct supervision/work reviews with direct reports and be committed to encouraging staff and personal development within the role.
* To be on-call on a rota basis
* Be flexible to the changing needs of the Housing services, the organisation and its service users.
* Abide by all staff and working policies and procedures.
* Promote the aims and purposes of the Supported Housing services and the organisation
* In addition to the duties set out in this job description the post holder may at times be required to undertake additional or other duties to meet the needs of the organisation
The right candidate will have the essential Skills and abilities below....
* Working in a supportive environment and meeting targets.
* Helping vulnerable people to manage their needs and working with them to
* Identify strengths and develop life-skills.
* Communicating with a diverse range of people.
* Ability to manage and support a team to achieve targets
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* High level of initiative with the ability to prioritise and organise workload and work well under pressure
* Ability to forge relationships whilst maintaining professional boundaries
* Competent in risk assessment/ safety planning, with excellent record keeping and report writing skills.
* Competent in IT with ability to effectively use housing management software systems Knowledge
* Knowledge and understanding of complexity of issues surrounding homelessness
* Sound understanding of safeguarding practice and procedure
* Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings, weekends and on-call
* Maintain and observe conditions of health and safety
* Willingness to develop within the job and undergo relevant training
* Ability to respect the organisation's values and uphold them.
* Clean enhanced DBS check
* Evidence of CPD
Salary - £25,500.00 - £26,500.00 doe
Hours - 37.5 pw - Monday - Friday (To be on-call on a rota basis )
Holidays - 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Great benefits available
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Sales - Commercial - Charity and Not for Profit - Multilingual - IT