Advancing People have an opportunity for a Housing Team Administrator based in Luton. Our client is a progressive, forward looking, small Housing Association, underpinned by Christian values, and committed to supporting people to recover from trauma and the devastating impact of homelessness, in a safe and aspirational environment.
To work as part of the housing team to provide a person centred, effective service to residents aged 16-65. As Team Administrator, you will act as the first point of contact for both clients and visitors and will be required to deliver a professional, welcoming service to all. You will support your team by providing administrative services, along with a range of health & safety checks and audits to maintain a place of safety for the residents.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Act as the first point of call, answering telephones, taking messages and resolving queries wherever possible.
* Maintain the security and safety of the residents and building by undertaking site walks, monitoring CCTV, assisting with room checks and ensuring guests are aware of all relevant procedures.
* Check fire safety equipment is adequate and report any health & safety or repair requirements, maintaining records as required
* Work as part of the housing team to ensure that voids are processed promptly
* Manage the processing of referrals to the service and update support staff as necessary
* Assist Housing Coaches in supporting residents to maintain their accommodation
* Maintain petty cash, manage stock and record sales of electricity cards and laundry tokens etc. and report accurately to finance in line with procedures
* Accept cash rent payments from residents and update the resident rent accounts
* Provide administrative support including: written correspondence, telephone calls, distribution of mail, maintaining manual and electronic records etc.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
* Communicate effectively with external professionals & contractors
* Be instrumental in promoting excellent safeguarding practices in conjunction with Local Authority and safeguarding policies
* Ensure full understanding and operation of In-Form Hostel Management System and ensure client details are updated as appropriate
* Participate fully as a member of the team to ensure that services are provided and maintained to a high standard
* Be flexible to the changing needs of the Housing services and its service users.
* Abide by all staff and working policies and procedures
* Promote the aims and purposes of the supported accommodation services and the client
* In addition to the duties set out in this job description the post holder may at times be required to undertake additional or other duties to meet the needs required
- Working with vulnerable people in a supportive environment
- Communicating with a diverse range of people
- Evidence of CPD
- Ability to build supportive relationships with residents whilst maintaining professional boundaries
- Ability to work as part of the team, but also on own initiative and, at times, unsupervised
- Excellent record keeping skills and the ability to handle cash and keep accurate financial records
- Ability to use Information and Communication Technology and adapt to use housing specific software applications
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the capacity to engage and communicate with individuals at all levels
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings/ weekends
- Willingness to develop within the job and undergo relevant training
- Friendly personality with a good sense of humour
- Clean enhanced DBS check
Salary £17500.00 - £18500.00
This role is full time, Monday to Friday 37.5 hours
25 days holiday plus Bank Holiday
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Sales - Commercial - Charity and Not for Profit - Multilingual - IT