Advancing People are recruiting for a Housing Coach on behalf of a leading Charity and Registered Housing Association for their housing team in Bedford.
As Housing Coach you will work as part of the housing team, providing person centered support to residents aged 18-65. You will undertake assessments, and produce and review support and safety plans for individuals, to help them prepare for independent living. Managing your caseload of clients in a psychologically informed way, you will provide on-going support and guidance to help them overcome trauma and work towards achieving their goals.
In conjunction with the Housing Officer, you will be responsible for managing the rental income of your caseload and will contribute towards the overall targets for the organisation. You will also ensure a high standard of service delivery is achieved by championing the organisations values, policies and procedures, including safeguarding residents at risk of abuse.
To apply for this vacancy please submit your CV and covering letter. CVs submitted without a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role will not be considered.
This varied and rewarding role also involves:
- Respond to general enquiries about the housing scheme and assist in managing referrals.
- Encourage residents to take responsibility for their own lives through excellent, effective SMART objectives.
- Assess the suitability of applicants referred to the organisation using a range of needs and risk assessment tools.
- Be responsible for a caseload of residents.
- Support and guide residents to achieve targeted outcomes, ensuring tasks are carried out in a timely fashion.
- This can include application and receipt of benefits, sourcing training/education provisions, paying weekly personal rent, registering for additional services, keeping appointments, communicating on phone and through other mediums, managing a crisis, developing independent living skills etc.
- Provide on-going and practical and emotional support, guidance and signposting to residents, during and in preparation for move on from the organisation be instrumental in promoting excellent safeguarding practices in conjunction with Local Authority Safeguarding Procedures and those of the organisation; and ensure full understanding of what constitutes abuse within the safeguarding arena.
- Respond to, and record, incidents, major occurrences and complaints in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Implement and monitor Risk Assessments as appropriate.
- Hold regular key work meetings with clients to monitor progress.
- Carry out regular Personal Action Plan reviews with resident and any others involved in their support and guidance, as appropriate.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with a range of external professionals who may also be working with the client.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality with respect to individuals' records and personal information.
- Support the work of the organisation, and be involved in developing policies and procedures, paperwork, training and publicity/marketing materials e.g. Newsletters, Residents Satisfaction Surveys, manage comments/complaints, etc.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of communication within the organisation and attend meetings, case reviews and team meetings as required.
- Provide an out of hours service on a rota basis with the team to support the accommodation.
- Work within the organisations Equality and Diversity Policy and Equality Plan as a member of the Housing team
This fantastic hands-on full time and permanent role will be offering £21-22,000 Basic plus benefits, working 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday, based in Bedford.
Apply now in complete confidence if you have experience of working in a supportive environment with vulnerable individuals, to really make a difference.
When applying for this vacancy please submit your CV and covering letter. CVs submitted without a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role will not be considered.
Advancing People - The Charity Recruitment Specialist
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.