Advancing People are looking for a Housing & Skills Coach based in South Bedfordshire for our client who are a Registered Housing Association.
To be a part of the housing team providing an excellent service to residents aged 18-65 in a dual functioned role. 50% of your role will involve working in a psychologically informed way with a caseload of clients, helping them to sustain their accommodation and prepare for resettlement. In conjunction with the Housing Officer, you will be responsible for managing the rental income of your caseload and will contribute towards the overall targets for the organisation.
The remaining 50% of the role will involve designing and delivering Skills programmes and workshops to the wider house community. The training will support the development of the many skills needed for successful independent living in order to sustain a tenancy. Workshops will also improve skills for employment and support clients with searching and applying for appropriate progression opportunities - employment, education, training or volunteering.
If you are passionate about making a difference to lives and wanting the best for people and willing to "go the extra mile" to achieve it, then this could be the opportunity for you
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* To support with the client referral and induction process, including; issuing appropriate tenure and other agreements and ensuring residents understand their rights and responsibilities
within the service
* Be responsible for a caseload of residents and guide them to achieve target outcomes - i.e. application and receipt of benefits, personal rent, registering for additional services, keeping
appointments, managing crisis, developing life-skills etc.
* Implement, monitor and review Safety Plans in conjunction with the resident as appropriate
* Hold regular key- work and Support Planning meetings with residents and monitor progress
* Encourage residents to take responsibility for their own lives by setting SMART objectives and providing on-going practical and emotional support, guidance and signposting to help them
sustain their accommodation and prepare for resettlement
* Ensure that the voices of service users are consistently sought to enable them to shape service delivery
* To perform appropriate health and safety checks, risk assessments and maintain records
* Provide an out of hours service on an on-call rota basis with the team to support the accommodation and/ or residents
* To adhere to and operate within the rent arrears and voids policy and procedures minimising voids and maximising income, where applicable.
* Design Schemes of Work & Session Plans that will support residents to develop a range of life skills - e.g. cooking/ healthy eating; budgeting; personal rights and
responsibilities; maintaining positive relationships etc. and deliver through structured programmes
* Lead and develop employability workshops and drop-in support sessions, and provide IAG towards appropriate opportunities and on-going support with CV writing, and applications for
volunteering, education/ training or employment
* Plan and carry out regular individual and group reviews, incorporating the development of action plans and provide guidance and support to help individuals to become independent.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
* Communicate effectively with external professionals working with clients, attending meetings where necessary
* Be instrumental in promoting excellent safeguarding practices in conjunction with Local Authority and the organisation's safeguarding policies
* Ensure full understanding and operation of In-Form Hostel Management System and ensure client details are updated as appropriate
* Participate fully as a member of the team to ensure that services are provided and maintained to a high standard
* Be flexible to the changing needs of the Housing services, the organisation and its service users.
* Abide by all the organisation's working policies and procedures.
* Promote the aims and purposes of the supported accommodation services and the organisation.
* In addition to the duties set out in this job description the post holder may at times be required to undertake additional or other duties to meet the needs of the organisation
The right candidate will have the essential attributes below....
* Working with vulnerable people in a supportive environment
* Helping vulnerable people to manage their needs and working with them to identify strengths and develop life-skills.
* Delivering accredited/ non-accredited learning programmes and using RARPA to measure achievements
* Evidence of CPD
Additional desirable attributes.....
* Person-centred support and safety planning using a strengths based approach
* Devising schemes of Work and lesson plans to meet funder specification and evidencing successful outcomes to funders
* Minimum NVQ Level 2 in working with people at risk who are homeless, or equivalent NVQ Level 2 in social care, support services etc.
* PTTLLS/ AET or similar teaching qualification
Additional Skills & Abilities...
including but not limited to:
* Highly committed to improving the lives of homeless people and helping them achieve successful resettlement
* Full driving licence and access to car
* Friendly personality with a good sense of humour
* Clean enhanced DBS check
* Willingness to develop within the job and undergo relevant training
* Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings, weekends and be part of the on-call rota
Salary - £23,000.00 - £25,000.00 doe
Hours - 37.5 pw - Monday - Friday (Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings/ weekends and be part of the on-call rota)
Holidays - 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Great benefits available
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Sales - Commercial - Charity and Not for Profit - Multilingual - IT