Advancing People has an opportunity to work as part of the housing team to provide a person centred, effective service to residents aged 16-65 based in Bedford
As Admin Coordinator, you will act as the first point of contact for both clients and visitors and will be required to deliver a professional, welcoming service to all. You will have particular responsibility for ensuring that the sites within your remit are appropriately staffed outside normal working hours, through your day to day management of the security rota in order to maintain a place of safety for the residents.
You will support your team by providing a range of health and safety checks, audits and administrative services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee the night and weekend staff and ensure they work to the required standard
· Liaise with relevant contacts for externally contracted security staff and monitor the performance of security personnel.
· Manage the security rota to ensure agreed coverage across all required sites.
· Act as the first point of call, answering telephones, taking messages and resolving queries wherever possible.
· Maintain the security and safety of the residents and building by undertaking site walks, monitoring CCTV, assisting with room checks and ensuring guests are aware of all relevant procedures.
· Check fire safety equipment is adequate and report any health & safety or repair requirements, maintaining records as required
· Work as part of the housing team to ensure that voids are processed promptly
· Manage the processing of referrals to the service and update support staff as necessary
· Assist Housing Coaches in supporting residents to maintain their accommodation
· Maintain petty cash, manage stock and record sales of electricity cards and laundry tokens etc. and report accurately to finance in line with procedures
· Accept cash rent payments from residents and update the resident rent accounts
· Provide administrative support including: written correspondence, telephone calls, distribution of mail, maintaining manual and electronic records etc.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
· Communicate effectively with external professionals & contractors
· Be instrumental in promoting excellent safeguarding practices in conjunction with Local Authority and safeguarding policies
· Ensure full understanding and operation of In-Form Hostel Management System and ensure client details are updated as appropriate
· Participate fully as a member of the team to ensure that services are provided and maintained to a high standard
· Be flexible to the changing needs of the Housing services and its service users.
· Abide by all the working policies and procedures
· Promote the aims and purposes of the supported accommodation services
· In addition to the duties set out in this job description the post holder may at times be required to undertake additional or other duties to meet needs as required.
Any appointment will be subject to suitable references and DBS checks.
Salary: £18,500.00 to £19,500.00 pa
Monday to Friday - daytime with occasional weekend or evening hours
25 Holidays plus Bank Holidays
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Sales - Commercial - Charity and Not for Profit - Multilingual - IT
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.