Advancing People have a great opportunity for an existing Head of Operations or Operations Director/General Manager within the IT Reseller industry.
A chance to lead development and transform a newly formed function to create a scalable sales operation and procurement service to the sales team.
Our client, a Top 10 IT Reseller in the UK and a FTSE 100 company is looking for the right person to help lay some strong foundations for imminent and future growth.
The Head of Sales Operations and Procurement is responsible for leading a growing purchasing and operations function that delivers day to day sales support, order processing, and procurement services to a leading IT reseller business. It also includes a Microsoft dedicated operations team.
- Lead development and transformation of a newly formed function to create a scalable sales operation and procurement service to Sales.
2. Leads practice of procurement and develops relationships to negotiate and buy, materials and services to meet operational requirements. This includes supplier selection, tendering and cost estimating.
3. Operate at a leadership level within the business to better understand and deliver on operational objectives, ensuring that contractual obligations are met whilst driving cost efficiencies
4. Negotiation of commercial terms and conditions with suppliers ensuring we have the best possible pricing for the team to win business whilst maximising rebates and overall profitability
5. Leading purchasing team processes and activities as a senior procurement professional
6. Management and development of staff
7. Periodic review and management of systems and processes for efficiency and optimisation
8. Collaborate with sales leadership to put in place processes to support sales transactions
9. Collaborate with Commercial Director and Finance to manage all governance, risks and controls in operations
10. Promote and drive best practice within the function
11. Work cohesively with other key departments to ensure efficient and streamlined operational performance
12. Supporting the business by providing proactive operational sales and procurement support to help achieve business plans for new business and organic growth, together with effective operational delivery of existing contracts.
Knowledge and Experience
a) Proven track record in a senior leadership role within a sales driven technology business, ideally an IT reseller. Desirable
b) Demonstrable experience of delivering operational excellence, and a commercially driven, business-focused approach. Desirable
c) Strategic leadership and capable of introducing process improvement and business change. Desirable
e) Effective risk management and adoption of fit-for-purpose operational sales and purchasing processes. Desirable
f) Procurement professional with purchasing experience. Desirable
Competencies and Attributes
Sound business and commercial acumen
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Proactive solution oriented attitude and approach to resolve complex business issues
Professional integrity and representation of the business
Project management and prioritisation skills.
Reporting to the [Commercial Director/Managing Director] with responsibility for line management of all manager within the Sales Operation and Purchasing function.
Rewards and Benefits
For the right candidate there is a competitive salary of up to £60,000.00 plus many benefits that makes our client part of a leading FTSE 100 business.