Advancing People have a role based in Bedford for an experienced Handy Person.
Job Purpose: To be part of a small, friendly, proactive team, maintaining and improving our sites across Bedfordshire
Van and tools are supplied during working hours. You will also receive 25 days' holiday/ year with excellent pension and other benefits.
Working hours: 8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, you will undertake various reactive and planned tasks, prioritised in order of need. These include: turning around void rooms as residents move on, maintaining communal areas and office spaces and carrying out necessary repairs. The varied workload will give you the opportunity to use your carpentry, decorating, electrical, plumbing and maintenance skills to great effect.
- Prepare and decorate residents' rooms prior to being let
- Maintain communal areas, outbuildings and staff offices.
- Repair doors and any broken furniture e.g. wardrobe, drawers, chairs within rooms and staff facilities
- Build flat-pack furniture
- Basic kitchen installation/ tiling
- Resolve problems that will result in the increased damage to the building if not attended to e.g. water leaks
- Basic plumbing tasks, including maintaining water & waste systems/ drains
- Using health and safety knowledge and experience to work within agreed risk and method statements (RAMS)
- Undertake routine health & safety checks/ testing as and when they are due; e.g. fire panels/ emergency lighting/ legionella etc.
- Maintain equipment & clean down tools supplied to carry out works
- Update records of works as required
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Be part of an out-of-hours service on an on-call rota basis with the team to support with maintenance emergencies
- Be flexible to the changing needs of the organisation and its service users.
- Abide by the organisations staff working policies and procedures.
- Promote the aims, purposes, mission and services delivered by the organisation.
- In addition to the duties set out in this job description the post holder may at times be required to undertake additional or other duties to meet the needs of the organisation.
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.