Advancing People are very pleased to be supporting our client with this opportunity for a Maintenance Team Leader. Our client is a progressive, forward looking, small Housing Association, underpinned by Christian values, and committed to supporting people to recover from trauma and the devastating impact of homelessness, in a safe and aspirational environment.
The purpose of this role is to enable our client to develop and expand into appropriate areas by sourcing and successfully applying to a range of funding sources appropriate to service needs. This will involve securing funding for existing project models as well as proactively developing areas of new opportunity. The post-holder will lead on quality outcome and impact reporting through improved data monitoring and evaluation, and contribute towards the overall Christian aims and purposes of our client.
* Research, identify and assess business and funding opportunities appropriate to service needs (including existing and new projects) and evaluate their financial impact on the Association.
* Undertake or organise desk research to inform the development of winning bids.
* Keep abreast of current national and local priorities, trends, legislation and research and make recommendations to SMT around potential new delivery models.
* Lead on preparation of submissions for grants, tenders, contracts, social investment opportunities and awards, coordinating the input of other staff to deliver winning bids.
* Provision of expert writing and editing bids to a high quality, bespoke to target audiences, and in line with funders' /commissioners' guidelines.
* Lead on budget preparation for all submissions, coordinating with relevant service leads to ensure accuracy of costs and managerial accountability.
* Create internal milestones and gateways with colleagues to meet external pre-imposed and, on occasion, conflicting deadlines.
* Coordinate and support SMT, Finance and service teams to ensure quality of content in funding submissions, evidence-base and reporting across the Association.
* Ensure that bid material reflects the brand.
* Identify and implement best practice bid material and support on the development of an effective library of core bid information.
Monitoring and evaluation:
* Support service leads to check all required data is complete, accurate and accessible and analyse source data to produce funder/donor reports.
* Upon award, liaise with the appropriate service manager to ensure handover and implementation of the project.
* Support the management of funding contracts, principally through the development and enhanced use of In-form.
* Lead and manage post-outcome tender reviews to identify and address gaps or weaknesses in responses, and ensure continuous improvement.
* Contribute to consistent management of quality service delivery through the PQASSO methodology.
* Lead colleagues and Homeless link in developing In-form to reflect new funding streams, changes to operational policies and procedures, organisational developments, and reporting requirements (strategic, impact and external funders).
* Maintain a working record of all business activities and outcomes, using this for internal reporting on business and KPIs as required.
* Identify and build engagement with potential organisations/consortia in relevant delivery areas, representing the Association at meetings and events
* Undertake Due Diligence and 'refresh' (where necessary) to ensure that our client retains eligibility to work with key sectoral stakeholders and statutory partners.
* Coordinate reporting to funders, including collating and evaluating outcome and output data and feedback, and evidencing spending against budget, aligned with each funder's specific requirements.
* Support the Senior Management Team to use data to produce other and ad hoc reports (management info, annual report, presentations etc.).
* To undertake such duties and responsibilities as may be determined by the Employer from time to time, according to the needs of the Employer's business.
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level with a high standard of written English
* Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
Experience and Knowledge
* Proven experience of writing winning bids in a range of formats within the charity sector
* Demonstrate relevant professional experience and a successful record of income generation within public, private and/or charity environments
* Knowledge of how to source and access appropriate funding and demonstrated experience in this area
* Experience of designing, planning and costing projects that deliver appropriate outputs and outcomes meeting funder specifications
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of monitoring and evaluation techniques and concepts and application to business development
* Knowledge and understanding of the issues facing disadvantaged members of our society and the agencies that support them
*Technology at an advanced level including CRM databases, MS Excel and the Internet.
Salary - £29,500.00 - £30,500.00 pa
Hours - Monday to Friday - 37.5hrs
Holiday - 25 days plus bank holidays
EAP (Employer Assistance Programme)
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.