Advancing People are actively seeking strong candidates to join our client who are a leading Insurance Group as a Cashier in their Finance Team on a 12mth FTC for Maternity Cover.
About the role
As a Cashier you will achieve, target and deliver an excellent and comprehensive service, ensuring that responsibilities are completed in accordance with the Group and/or Company policies.
The Cashier function is responsible for the management and control of all commercial bank accounts across our organisation.
* Leads assigned projects and contribute to other projects as required
* Provides relevant management information to senior management
* Banks and allocates incoming cash and cheques
* Processes cheque and electronic payments
* Processes inter-group cash transfer requests
* Reviews and arranges authorisation of accurately processed payment requests
* Processing of entries onto Group company Accounting and Banking systems
* Reconciles and maintain all bank and system records
* Processes IBA credit card payments
* Deals with accounts queries promptly and efficiently
* Keeps advised of all regulatory and legal changes which impacts on the job role
* Ensures records are maintained at all times on the Company systems
* Responds appropriately to urgent issues as they arise
Key required skills....
* Experience not crucial, training will be provided. However, preference will be given to applicants who have some experience of working in an office environment in an administrative capacity, ideally with numerical information
* It will be an advantage if the applicant has an understanding of processes and procedures within the insurance market
* Attention to detail with ability to produce accurate documentation and to file documents appropriately
* Ability to work optimally within a team
* Prioritisation and organisational skills - able to work to timescales and is willing to be flexible with regards to working hours, if required
* Proficient IT skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to communicate optimally, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external partners
* GCSE's (or equivalent) including Math's and English crucial (to Grade C or the equivalent)
* Competitive salary - £23,000.00 pa - FTC 12mth Maternity cover
* Hours - 37.5 pw - Monday to Friday - 9 till 5.30
* Holiday - 25 days plus Bank Holidays
* Agile working environment
* Excellent Benefits package (passionate about health and wellbeing)
* Leadership and Development programs
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.