Advancing People our supporting our client, a leading manufacturer of safe access platforms who urgently need a Factory Operative. This is an immediate start and very quick fill role, so please apply asap if you are interested
The ideal candidate will be capable of using light machinery such as bench drills, cold saws and finishing machines. There will also be some small assembly work from simple technical drawings using such tools as hand drills, rivet guns and fly presses.
You must be punctual and willing to work overtime as and when required.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you must be able to work as part of a team, but will also be able to work on his or her own initiative, to ensure that all deadlines are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Cutting & Drilling aluminium piping
* Assembly work
* Loading & Unloading delivery vehicles
* General Factory Duties
* Wrapping goods for transport
* Occasional delivery driving (3.5t flatbed vehicle).
* The candidate will need to be fit and healthy and able carryout some heavy lifting.
* Experience in working with steel and aluminium is preferred however full training will be provided.
* Punctual, Smart and Presentable.
* Driven attitude with a desire to grow our/his/her personal career and the business.
* Experience in welding aluminium or a desire to learn is preferable.
* Full UK clean driving license and be aged 25 plus (Required for driving purposes)
Salary:- £8.30 - £9.50 ph dependant on experience
Hours: 40 Hours per week 08.00 - 16.30 (including ½ hours lunch + 2 x 15min breaks) however from time to time you may be required to work additional hours to fulfil your day to day duties.
Holidays:- 23 days plus 8 Bank Holidays
Full training provided
After your trial period work clothing (shirts, sweatshirts, trousers and safety boots) will be provided, up until this point you will be expected to provide your own safety boots and suitable work clothing.
Six months probationary period reviewed after the first three months.
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Sales - Commercial - Charity and Not for Profit - Multilingual - IT
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency