Are you an accountant with a breadth of accounting experience across both financial and management accounts within a medium sized business?
Advancing People Recruitment Specialists are recruiting for a Company Accountant for a market leading Technology business on the northern outskirts of Cambridge.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing, successful business to manage both the financial and management accounts preparation from the purchase and sales ledgers up to year-end audit preparation, with the assistance of one accounts assistant.
· Purchase ledger – coding and posting invoices, creating single and batch supplier payments
· Sales ledger – posting sales invoices and allocating receipts
· Month end and year end reconciliation prior to submission to external auditor
· Producing in depth management reports including: P&L, aged debtors, sales territory, products and others
· Online banking
· Foreign currency daily postings – Sterling, Euro and US$
· Expenses and petty cash reconciliation
· Checking credit ratings on customers and setting credit limits on customer accounts
· Direct pursuance of default debtors by phone, email, fax and letter
· Cash flow and expenditure forecasting reports and spreadsheets
· Dealing with all insurance issues
· Administration of pension schemes
· Producing monthly management accounts reports
· Salary advice notes, reconciliation and distribution of pay slips
· At least four years’ accounting/bookkeeping experience within a similar role
· QBE or AAT/ACCA/CIMA qualified
· Strong proficiency in both Excel and Word
· Previous experience of SAGE 50 advantageous
· Excellent communication skills and a good team player
· Successful applicants will be very organised with excellent prioritisation skills
In return our client is offering an attractive salary and a range of benefits including 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, company pension scheme, life assurance and variable start/finish times. This is a full time, permanent position reporting directly to the Managing Director within a forward thinking and expanding company.
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.