Advancing People have an exciting opportunity for an experienced CMM Quality Inspector for our client who are a very well established and respected engineering client who are recruiting due to growth.
The CMM Inspector will be required to work within the Quality Assurance department in an ISO 9001 environment and be responsible for ensuring incoming and internally machined parts meet design specifications.
* Follow the companies ISO9001 accredited quality management system in their day to day activities.
* Inspect externally sourced parts and assemblies against design specifications, technical drawings and complete all relevant documentation.
* Carry out first off inspections.
* Carry out in-process inspections.
* Ensure all non-conforming items are segregated from good product.
* Create non-conformance reports and scrap notifications.
* Support the department during customer complaint investigations.
* Assist with the upkeep and maintenance of the company's calibration system.
* Provide data to support department KPI's.
* Identify improvement opportunities and participate in and lead continuous improvement activities including team kaizen events
* Undertake other work within the Quality department as may be determined by the department Manager from time to time, up to or at a level consistent with the principal responsibilities of the job. This could include practical work or visits to suppliers and customers in the UK and abroad
Key Skills & Experience....
* Competent in running and programming CMM using PCDMIS
* Demonstrates excellent attention to detail.
* Customer and results focused.
* Have experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Have experience with castings, machined and painted parts.
* Competent in reading technical drawings and understanding tolerances including GD&T.
* Competent in using a range of hand held inspection instruments.
* Demonstrate the ability to work by themselves and in a team environment.
* Can use their own initiative and accurately manage their day to day activities.
* Be flexible in their daily routine.
* Have excellent interpersonal skills.
* Strong written and verbal skills.
In order to be considered for this role a candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
* Degree level education or equivalent related industry experience.
* Sound knowledge of Inspection methodology.
* Experience in working in a busy environment.
* Meticulous eye for detail.
* Valid UK driving license.
* Have experience of raw material certifications to BS EN10204-2.1 to 3.2.
* Have experience of protective coatings.
* Have experience of painting standards.
* Have experience of friction materials.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, lift, and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Manual lifting requirements include but not limited to the following:
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 5 kgs
* Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 kgs
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 kgs
Salary: up to £27,000 pa DOE
Hours: Office Hours - Monday to Friday
Holidays: 20 days plus 8 Bank Holidays
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Sales - Commercial - Charity and Not for Profit - Multilingual - IT
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency