Advancing People are looking for an experienced Business Systems Support Analyst to join our established client who are a leader in their sector based in Bedford.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities....
* Be committed to providing excellent service to end users
* Treat others with dignity, respect, honesty, integrity and fairness
* Adopt a 'can do, can help' attitude and make an effective contribution to your team and colleagues
* Communicate effectively both in spoken and written English
* Be responsible for ensuring a safe working environment
* Understand that customer satisfaction and continuous improvement are fundamental to all job roles within the business
* Use regular opportunities to share your ideas, thoughts and feedback to make the business a great place to work
Summary of Role.........
* Maintaining high standards of IT support and administration with appropriate support and supervision.
* Assist in the continuous improvement program adopted by the IT Department.
* Aid the IT Manager with performing small/large scale system administration tasks
Duties and Responsibilities......
* Maintaining high standards of support and administration.
* Assist in the development and delivery of IT projects.
* Provide support for IT users,IT infrastructure and business systems
* PC Building and deliver to users according to build scripts.
* Perform regular checks to ensure IT systems are operating as expected.
* To take ownership of micro-projects and support tasks.
* Listening to users in an empathetic and pragmatic manner.
* Log, own and manage calls on the Helpdesk system.
* Administer, monitor and investigate issues with network devices such as printers, Windows computers and laptop, IP camera systems, network switches, firewalls, biometric systems, NAS servers, PBX Phone systems, etc.
* Administer, support and monitor Windows and VMware virtual servers.
* Administer and monitor all scheduled tasks such as customer-facing SQL data-feeds.
* Administer and monitor all of the IT estates backup procedures.
* Perform Daily procedural checks.
* Administer Active Directory users and objects, Group Policy and DNS.
* To support office moves and general IT issues.
* Administer consumables and equipment.
* Administer Asset management.
* Install, support and administer Exchange Server and externally facing mail-filters.
* Support and administer Microsoft SQL server and DTS packages, jobs and data transfer.
* To be conversant and comply with the company's Policies and Procedures.
* To maintain confidentiality of all information.
* Assist with the security of business data and assets
* Mobile Device management support and administration.
* Working outside of normal office hours at very short notice
* Being able to travel at short notice
This Job Description is not exhaustive. The duties of this role may be reviewed from time to time and the candidate will be called upon to work in other locations within the Group. This role also requires regular presence at other sites on a weekly/bi-weekly basis. Regular travel is a requirement.
The ideal candidate must have and be able to demonstrate the following experience.....
* Minimum of two years IT exposure in 1st Line Support Position
* Good all-round hardware, software and connectivity troubleshooting skills
* Knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft business applications, web browsing, systems administration and commands
* Experience of using an ERP system.
* Be able to manage high volume workloads and prioritise these tasks in a helpdesk system
* Knowledge of SQL scripting and data transfer
* Experience of Emails systems (Exchange Server and Internet facing mail filters)
* Using initiative
* Keeping documentation up to date
* Having a flexible work attitude
* Being able to work outside of normal business hours at very short notice
* The ability to travel at short notice
* Awareness of GDPR and data-protection
Salary range £21,000.00 - £23,000.00 doe
Monday to Friday - 40 hours pw (flexibility for occasional out of hours will be required)
Holiday - 25 days plus Bank Holidays
Plus many Benefits!
APPLY NOW for a swift interview in the New Year 2021!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.