Advancing People are recruiting for an experienced Business Development Manager to join one of their Bedford clients. This role is to work for a well known brand with a great reputation.
Overall responsibility for finding "new" opportunities to drive business
Key Impact of role
Creation of new business & sales growth by;
- Maximising new business opportunities to sell services in existing and new channels.
- Build & manage the commercial template around opportunities
- Ensuring retention and growth of clients
- To lead and manage sales
- To lead and focus on New Business Development.
- To be overall responsible for the achievement of the new business growth and development.
- To work closely with senior management and management team to ensure all opportunities are maximised
- To produce an annual strategic business plan, which demonstrates commercial gain for the product and monthly progress report
- To ensure the creation and management of an opportunity pipeline.
- To work closely with other company entities to expand the opportunity of the product
- To ensure resource is correctly applied and the correct channel management approach is also utilised
- Develop and sustain a strong understanding of the major accounts and act as the senior relationship holder within these account
- Provide leadership and sign off for commercial decisions, in-line with correct authorisation protocols for all accounts
- Continually drive and motivate the team to explore new business opportunities
- To build new and sustain relationships to maximise all opportunities.
- Experience of working within a sales environment and delivering consistent high level performance
- Experience in business development around new business concepts.
- Graduate calibre with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent commercial acumen coupled with good negotiation skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Tenacity and determination plus the ability to work under pressure without line supervision
- Pragmatism and a 'can-do' attitude
- PC literate - Microsoft Office
Salary: Up to £60,000 dependent on experience.
Benefits: 20% Performance Bonus + Company car/Car Allowance + Pension (6% Employer Contribution, 3% Employee Contribution), Private Medical Cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday (+ Bank holidays).
Location: Field based national role. Successful candidate should be based south of Northampton and close to good road networks.
Advancing People - The Recruitment Specialist
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.