Advancing People have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious person who has either worked as a Quantity Surveyor or has recently graduated with a related degree and would like to progress to be a Project Manager!
- A recent graduate (with ability to demonstrate transferrable knowledge from their degree) with some experience working within an office environment or at least 2 years work experience within a quantity surveyor or similar role.
- Excellent communication skills - clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident with high levels of motivation, drive and enthusiasm
- Highly organised. Able to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with customers and colleagues
- Motivated to develop their knowledge and skills, to include product training, CAD and Prince2.
- Good numerical ability
- Strong PC skills
- Full UK driving licence. Willingness to travel/stay away overnight
Duties and responsibilities of the role:-
- Time in the field to understand the products, the market they are sold in to and the key drivers for our customers
- Direct and manage project development from the pre-sales stage through to handover to Service (across schedule, cost and quality).
- Produce site specific CAD designs for equipment installations (after successful training)
- Define project scope, objectives and deliverables that support the company and customer business goals.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated governance, quality and communications documents
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Estimate and manage the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Engagement and management of third parties and contractors
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Delegate task and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Identify and resolve project issues during the project phase
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Develop and deliver progress reports and proposals
- Proactively manage requests for changes in project scope, identify potential issues and devise contingency plans
- Slot planning of projects supporting initiatives to drive down on site installations time
- Project management of mobile and small portable devices from sales handover to clinical acceptance
- On site customer project support visits in order to discuss installation plans and needs
- Knowledge and experience of the complete project lifecycle, from presales through to implementation
- Strong customer management and communication skills
Package: Up to £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Benefits: 10% OTE Performance Bonus + 25 days per annum holiday (exclusive of bank holidays) + Pension (6% Employer Contribution/3% Employee Contribution) + Life Assurance + Private Health Cover ) + Company Car/Car Allowance (company car will only be made available to candidates over 25 years of age)
Location: Home/field Based (approx 50/50 split). Successful candidate should be based centrally in England close to good road networks.