Advancing People have a fantastic opportunity working for a not for profit organisation in Bedford.
Salary - Dependent on experience £22,000-£28,500 FTE. Part Time - 22.5 hours per week with flexible working hours.
Duties and responsibilities
- To coordinate and write bids, tenders and grants applications for the organisation to ensure we secure contracts and funding to enable us to serve our communities. Responsible to: Community Services Manager
- Lead on preparation of submissions for tenders, contracts, grants, social investment opportunities and awards, coordinating the input of other staff. This will include research, bid writing, collation and completion of supplementary documents, presentation where required, and submission of bids through portals or similar means.
- Research and identify business and funding opportunities relevant to all areas of our work (including existing and new projects) and evaluate their financial impact on the organisation.
- Undertake Due Diligence and 'refresh' (where necessary) to ensure that the organisation retains eligibility to work with key stakeholders including SFA Register of Training Organisations and local authority preferred provider lists.
- Enable the Association to learn from previous experience (internal and external) to expand into new types of work and new geographical areas.
- Keep abreast of current national and local priorities, trends, legislation and research and make recommendations around potential new delivery models.
- Establish & implement a prioritisation system to be used in conjunction with the staff team to: assess opportunities; ensure we pursue the most appropriate funding sources for the most appropriate projects.
- Maintain a working record of all business activities and outcomes, using this to report on business and KPIs as required.
- Coordinate the regular monitoring and evaluation of current service delivery and relationships with funders, using this information to inform new bids.
- Coordinate and ensure quality of presentation in funding submissions, evidence-base and reporting across the Association.
- Explore and pursue the possibility of using skills within the team to generate an income, e.g. by offering external training.
- Contribute to consistent management of quality service delivery through the PQASSO methodology.
- To undertake such duties and responsibilities as may be determined by the Employer from time to time, according to the needs of the Employer's business.