Advancing People have a great opportunity for a Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
Our client has been trading for 15 years and is a rapidly expanding roofing and brickwork contractor based in Luton, Bedfordshire but mostly serving clients in London and the South East of England.
Working with an enviable client list of major national developers and reputable building contractors, our client is a dynamic family run firm that is continuously striving to improve and grow.
They credit their success to a culture that comes from strong family values and an absolute commitment to our clients, staff and suppliers alike.
Reporting directly to the Managing Surveyor, the Assistants main tasks include but are not limited to:
* The accurate take-off and cost/margin focused estimating of projects.
* Input onto our dedicated brickwork/roofing estimating software.
* Attend client meeting with Senior Quantity Surveyor when required.
* Review Drawings for changes between revisions.
* Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely monthly valuation reports.
* Negotiating with clients for the best possible terms for the company.
* Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
A background in construction, an aptitude for mathematics, and with an understanding of construction drawings and specifications and ideally have experience of using estimating software and spreadsheet design.
Attitude is key here - are you someone who is keen to find a home for their talents and energy and who wants to make a real difference to the organisation they join.
You will have the personal commitment and drive to work within a growing business and be ready to work on continually improving internal systems and processes.
For the right candidate, there will be opportunities to progress to a senior position.
* Education: Bachelor's (Required)
* Licence: Full UK Driving License - clean (Required)
Salary: £24-£30K pa
Working hours: 8am till 5pm Mon-Fri
Holiday: 21 plus bank holidays
Excellent career progression prospects
Our client is committed to equality and welcomes applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists - Sales - Commercial - Not for Profit - Multilingual - IT - Construction
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency