Advancing People are working on behalf of an International company, based in Central London, who is seeking a qualified or part-qualified Accounting Manager to oversee all financial and management company functions.
Reporting directly to the UK Operations Manager, this is an exciting hands-on opportunity.
The successful candidate will manage a team of 2 Accounts Assistants, whilst proactively contributing to the implementation of internal procedures and monitoring existing internal functions. There will also be responsibility for overseeing the Warehouse department - ensuring smooth running of the functions delegated to the staff force of the warehouse and maintaining stock control procedures.
The Company Accountant role:
· Responsibility for Financial and Management Accounts
· Reporting of accounts to US Head Office
· Attending to all internal and external financial queries
· Acting as a point of contact for all accountancy matters
· Taking responsibility for company fund management including banking, investments and cash flow
· Managing insurable coverage and risk
· Ensuring accounting practices and reporting is up to date and compliant with the latest financial standards
· Implementing company-wide accounting packages and managing future upgrades/migrations
· Structuring computerised accounting packages
· Setting up required report writers and matrix tables
· Collaborating with external tax consultant to manage tax planning and reporting
Skills & Experience:
· 7-10 years accountancy experience is ideal
· Previous experience in a senior accounting, accounting manager or financial controller role
· Full or partial accounting qualifications
· Experience in reporting to key/senior stakeholders
· Management experience within a small team environment
What's on offer?
· The opportunity to lead a small but crucial team within a hugely successful International business
· A supportive environment in which your contribution is valued greatly
· Access to all company benefits
This is a full-time Permanent position offering an annual salary of £45,000 to £50,000 with attractive company benefits, including a travel allowance that covers the cost of any public transport with zone 1 and zone 2.
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency