Are you a qualified accountant with experience within a multinational business? Do you have a demonstrated track record of delivering value-added ER support?
Advancing People Recruitment Specialists are recruiting for an Accountant for a market leading, US owned Technology Company in Gloucester.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing business to manage the activities involved in performing accounting functions for assigned EMEA entities. The role entails ensuring that activities are performed in an accurate manner within established deadlines; participating in the coordination of accounting functions between divisions; and assisting in the transition of acquired companies to existing financial systems, procedures, and policies; participate in the activities involved in the quality resolution of issues or concerns related to accounting activities; coach, develop and mentor subordinates to achieve quality performance.
· Review accounting topics of subsidiary companies for compliance with GAAP
· Participate in the coordination of accounting functions between business segments and divisions
· Continuously review the effectiveness of current operations, striving to identify improvements to current processes
· Assist with the preparation of month-end and annual statutory financial statements, in a timely and accurate manner
· Liaison with external auditors
· Assist with the preparation of VAT and Corporate tax returns
· Assist with the maintenance of cash flow forecasts
· Assist with the provision of information to enable timely updating of weekly projections
· Continually review accounting systems, recommending upgrade and system improvements as necessary
· Know and support approved accounting, corporate, and departmental policies and procedures
· Properly interpret, communicate, and assure acceptance from subordinates of GAAP, review internal controls for consistency and to ensure controls are being followed by subordinate staff
· Promote employee development by establishing performance measures that encourage employees to excel.
· Qualified - CIMA, ACCA or ACA
· Advanced knowledge of Excel
· Previous experience within a multinational organisation
· Supervisory experience
· Excellent organisation, prioritisation and project management skills
· Open to change.
In return our client is offering a salary of £45,000 to £50,000 and a range of benefits. This is a full time, permanent position with great prospects for progression within a forward thinking and expanding company.
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.