Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists are working with an established and successful Fleet Solutions company based in Bedford. Due to their continued growth they are looking for a talented and capable Technical Operations Manager who offers a highly developed technical understanding of vehicle bodyshop/workshop operations, coupled with proven people management skills. Based primarily in Bedford, this role will also oversee their satellite site in Colchester. You will need a determination to deliver and exceed customer expectation whilst maintaining and improving performance levels within the technical operations environment.
- Overseeing all areas of the operation to ensure the repair processes are carried out effectively, promptly and to a high standard.
- Primary responsibility for overseeing and managing the site to ensure operational effectiveness on a day-to-day basis.
- Control of the Bodyshop and Workshop costs; manage budgets and act on as required.
- Ensuring that all areas achieve their financial target by effective use of the resources available.
- Reviewing procedures, processes and service levels with a view to improving the standards.
- Maintain effective relationships with all departments across the site and head office in order to provide the customer with an efficient and customer focussed service.
- Ensuring that company stock and assets are correctly maintained and accounted for.
- Ensuring all staff are trained and developed to their potential
- Regularly inspecting the repair facilities condition, security and working standards to ensure compliance with company policy.
- Ensure health and safety standards are complied with.
In order to be successful in this role, they require a manager who has gained experience in a similar position and who demonstrates strong management/leadership skills with a style which is very hands-on. You must also offer clear communication, strong numerical and effective organisation skills.
This is a busy environment which will require you to work to tight deadlines without compromising quality and service.
This is a full time permanent position offering a competitive salary of up to £45,000 plus attractive company benefits including a company car
Apply now to be considered for interview for this exciting new role!
Advancing People Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.