Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists are working with a leading logistics company in Bedford who are recruiting for a Trainee Freight Planner to join their team.
The role is to successfully plan transport consignments using pre-qualified transport partners
and provide excellent customer service at all times. As a Freight Planner you will work within the companies quality management system to ensure compliance at all times.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create client order files and ensure accuracy of data.
- Enter, plan and assign orders within ProAct accurately and in a timely manner.
- Interact with clients and transport partners to develop good communication.
- Obtain transport costs for approval by Senior Freight Planner.
- Prepare client quotes for approval by Senior Freight Planner.
- Track and update transport orders within ProAct.
- Work within agreed client tariffs and transport pricing.
- Adhere to Work Instructions and Standard Operating Processes.
- Enter your assigned client's job/order costs within ProAct to 'Complete' stage.
- Compile KPI data for clients.
- Investigate deviations and complaints and escalate if required.
- Raise Deviation Incident Reports for approval by Senior Freight Planner / Operations Manager.
- Hand completed order files over in a timely manner ensuring accuracy of data at all times.
- Any other reasonable additional tasks necessary to undertake to fulfil your role
Skills and Abilities
- GCSE educated or similar level
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Able to work within a team and individually
- Excellent organisational skills
- High attention to detail
- Competent in the use of Microsoft packages
- Ability to follow and provide clear instructions
In return our client is offering a salary circa of £16,000 - £18,000 DOE with company benefits.
Apply now for immediate consideration!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.