Advancing People Recruitment Specialists are now recruiting for a Technical Support Engineer to be based in Bedford for a worldwide, market leading Technology Company.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the Level 2 support engineers.
- Create break/fix cases, record actions, problems, and their resolution in the service system.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Manage field engineer's diaries.
- Ensure engineer spare parts requests are issued in a timely fashion.
- Educated to A-level or BTEC level, ideally in an Engineering, Science or Technical discipline.
- Engineering experience desirable.
- Customer service orientation; making efforts to listen to and understand the customer (both internal and external) and giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Salesforce/Service Cloud experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Adaptable and flexible and be motivated to learn new tasks and processes quickly.
- Able to think creatively to innovate and resolve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and must demonstrate effective working relationships with other service / support groups.
- Desire to increase engineering knowledge
In return our client is offering up to £20,000 Basic with a 10% OTE Performance Bonus, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Private Medical Cover, Pension and Life Assurance.
This is a full-time permanent position, working a 35 hour week, with very attractive company benefits!
Apply now to be considered for this position with a global market leader in a technological sector.
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.