Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists are working with our highly respected client who are a global leader in the innovation, design, manufacture and distribution of Tile, Kitchen, and Bath products who are looking for a Showroom Manager to join their team based in Solihull, West Midlands.
As a business they aspire to be the industry leader by providing trendsetting cutting-edge designs of unparalleled beauty and refinement, uncompromising quality, technologically superior products and dependable services to its clients. Our client was founded over 40 years ago since then they have had incredible growth and today their global presence extends to over 140 countries through more than 400 company owned showrooms, distribution centres and an extensive network of independent distributors and retailers. They are a highly regarded and respected supplier that specialise in quality floor coverings, sanitary ware and kitchens selling into the construction and retail markets across Europe and the World since 1973.
As the Showroom Manager you will be reporting to the General Manager and the ideal candidate will have a KBB background.
Key skills and responsibilities of the job;
* To operate an efficient and profitable showroom by achieving and maintaining corporate operating procedures, policies and standards.
* Assisting with the identification and setting of individual and team targets which support the overall Area and Regions sales objectives.
* Maintain effective and regular communication with your team to ensure they are motivated and inspired to exceed the corporate objectives and standards.
* To maintain the showroom layout, merchandising and general appearance that displays the products to their fullest potential whilst maintaining the Company's heritage, style and cultural inspiration.
* To ensure the showroom is appropriately staffed to meet the service levels expected and required and ensure our customers and visitors are met as soon as they enter the showroom.
* Maintaining staff knowledge levels through the identification and arrangement of training to ensure the team remain fully conversant and up to date with current products within the showroom and accompanying sales literature.
* To effectively and sympathetically resolve any customer complaints immediately within the showroom as well as ensuring your staff are able to deal with any enquires over the phone or complaints in the correct way.
* To maintain your personal knowledge of the immediate and national market trends and ideas that influences store merchandising and operation.
* To be responsible for maintaining staff discipline and standards through the application of company policy.
* To be vigilant at all times to protect the company's assets from shoplifters and fraud and take appropriate action as and when it arises.
* Representing the company at internal and external events as required, including trade shows or other corporate events.
* Ensure staff are recommending suitable product ranges to the client as per their specification (dimensions; budget) and are detailed and accurate quotations.
Health and Safety:
* To have a good understanding of the Health and Safety implications in the store
* To ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are adhered to
* To respond to any Health and Safety issues that arise in the store
* To monitor the day-to-day housekeeping standards in the store
* Proven ability to develop and manage staff
* Proven ability to set and achieve team goals and objectives
* Smart personal appearance
* Clear and positive communicator with good leadership and influencing skills
* Relevant experience with face to face Customer sales in a similar environment or possesses the underlying traits to fulfil this role
* It is desired the successful applicant has previous experience within KBB Retail Management, however not essential
* UK driving licence
Education and Qualifications;
* A good verbal, written and numerical literacy
* Relevant experience in a similar environment
* Salary:- up to £35K dependant on experience
* Hours; Monday to Friday 9-6, Saturday 9.30-5.30, Sunday 10-4 (on Rota)
* Sales Commission Scheme (Personal sales and a percentage of showroom sales + end of year bonus for meeting team target)
* 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.