Our client is a successful and respected franchised dealer group in the East Midlands Area and are looking for an experienced Service Advisor to join their team. You will have a minimum of 2 years experience with a franchised dealer.
As Service Advisor you must be able to work as part of a team, and also be able to work on your own initiative. You need to have a keen eye for detail, possess excellent customer facing skills, and planning/organisational skills, as you will be dealing with front-of-house customers as well as internal dealer staff from all areas of the business.
To assist you, there are systems and processes in place including a dealer management system (DMS), so you will ideally need to be IT literate and have experience of using DMS systems.
Manufacturer and in-house training will be provided for the successful applicant.
- To effectively handle incoming customer calls by creating a friendly and professional impression
- To receive customer enquiries and determine the customer's needs, encouraging the customer to make an appointment with the Service Department
- To have sufficient and current product knowledge to enable accurate information to be given to the customer
- To ensure the available hours are sold for each day. To monitor lead-time and fully utilise the time available, ensuring a suitable split between retail, internal and warranty hours is maintained according to company guidelines
- Ensure all customers are handled with "Family-like Care"
- To maintain an accurate and efficient schedule of appointments and associated flow of paperwork, consistent with manufacturer and company procedures
- To handle all customers in a professional and friendly manner in accordance with Manufacturer and company customer satisfaction policies
- To ensure company processes are followed to improve Customer Satisfaction and retention. This includes embracing Customer Satisfaction Action Plans (for example, DCSI) and proactively selling Service Plans
- To ensure a safe working environment for employees by complying with statutory legislation and the Government's Health and Safety policy. To report immediately any non-conformance to the appropriate Senior Manager
- To be responsible for managing the service booking system by understanding and interpreting customer needs to achieve the best solution and encouraging the customer to make an appointment
- To consider the availability of resources and profitability targets whilst selling the added benefits of the Service Department (for example, genuine parts, fully trained Technicians, free visual health check)
- To maximise the upselling of service hours, parts and accessories in accordance with company objectives
- To ensure all booked vehicles are checked for outstanding recall/service campaign work prior to visit and parts pre-ordered to achieve 'First Time Fix' for the customer
- To operate a suitable system for the management and follow-up of unsold additional work requirements (for example, 'amber' work)
- To continually improve technical expertise, by personally keeping up-to-date on technical changes and developments and passing this information on through training and coaching to other personnel
- To be aware of key competitor products and manufacturer product specification advantages
- To maximise customer satisfaction and retention, through the use of a customer follow-up that will ensure the database is updated in line with the Data Protection Act
- To effectively handle customer concerns to guarantee complete satisfaction
- To have a basic understanding of human psychology and its effect on the negotiation process and, where necessary, effectively introduce management to achieve a positive outcome
- To understand the key elements that make up face-to-face and telephone communication by understanding the role of communication in establishing and maintaining rapport
- To be responsible for the prompt payment of customer invoices, ensuring the details are accurate and invoiced on the day work is completed and following company procedures regarding payment
- To manage the correct implementation of company procedures regarding customer credit facilities. This may be measured by work-in-progress, defined as work remaining in the workshop uncompleted, the credit account debtors profile and any unpaid cash sales
- To be responsible for the administration and maintenance of the filing and computer systems relevant to the department, providing reports for the Aftersales or Service Manager when requested
- To adhere to agreed staff development plans, undertaking manufacturer training and eLearning modules to achieve required certification levels
- To support the Aftersales and Service Manager in the control of manufacturer warranty procedures, ensuring the accurate, accountable and auditable process is maintained
You must possess a full, clean UK driving license, and have held a similar position within the motoring industry. These are essential.
Working Hours: Mon-Fri 08.00-18.00, plus Saturday morning rota 08.00-12.30
Salary: £20 - £24K basic dependant on experience plus bonus/incentive scheme
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.