Advancing People Recruitment are now recruiting for a Receptionist for a popular Hotel located just outside Bedford
- Perform all guests accounting functions according to Hotel policies and procedures, ensuring all guest accounts are complete and accurate.
- Receive and process telephone and walk in reservations accurately.
- Be aware of hotel facilities, restaurant / bar opening times, hotel products and services and disabled facilities.
- Promote and up-sell products and services.
- Build a good rapport with all guests and resolve any complaints/issues quickly to maintain high quality customer service
- Undertake front of house duties, including meeting, greeting and attending to the needs of guests, to ensure a superb customer service experience
- Deal with guest requests to ensure a comfortable and pleasant stay
- Assist in dealing with customer complaints in an effective and courteous manner, providing or seeking solutions as quickly as possible
- Responsible for accurate and efficient accounts and guest billing processes
- Carry out general office duties, including correspondence, emails, filing and switchboard, to ensure the smooth running of the reception area
- Administer all routes of reservations to ensure that room bookings are made and recorded accurately
- Ensure that all reservations and cancellations are processed efficiently
The Ideal Candidate;
- A friendly and welcoming approach
- High standards of dress and presentation
- Excellent command in English, verbally and in writing
- Ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment
- Previous Hotel Reception services experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work 5/7 days including weekend work/bank holidays
- Computer literate
- Highly motivated with a can-do approach towards all given tasks
- Self-starter and able to work on own initiative
The hours for this role will be 5/7 days including weekends and bank holidays. There is a varied shift pattern of 6.00am - 3.00pm and 2.30pm - 11.00pm. Due to the location of this position, a car would be essential. This is a full time permanent position offering an annual salary of up to £17,500
Apply NOW to be considered for interview!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.