Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists are working with an international manufacturer & distributor of high-end interior products. Based within their UK Head Office in Watford, they are looking an Purchasing Assistant to join their purchasing team.
This is a key role within a small and dedicated team. You will be responsible for many key aspects of the buying function and its administration which has a direct impact on the success and profitability of the company. You will be actively involved in all areas of the business and this will lead to substantial interaction with other team members at all levels plus contact with external suppliers.
Key skills and responsibilities of job:
- To process purchase orders for all kitchens and appliances received from sales/design team
- Follows up on orders to ensure that materials are shipped and delivered on promised dates.
- Maintain strong working relationships with our suppliers
- Check all kitchens prior to delivery to customer to ensure all is picked correctly
- Liaise with Accounts team to ensure invoices from suppliers are correct
- Process all customer returns once returned to our warehouse
- Process all requests made for samples and arrange for delivery direct from the factory in Spain if necessary
- Work closely with our Design team in order to get correct products and prices for our customers
- Previous administration experience, ideally within purchasing
- Clear communicator, both written and verbal
- Excellent telephone manner
- Calm, confident and efficient manner
- Logical problem-solving skills
- PC skills are essential
- Experience using SAP is beneficial but not essential
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to meet deadlines
- Able to work in a team
Education and Communication requirements:
- Good standard of numerical and written literacy
- Strong attention to detail as dealing with a variety of products
In return they are offering a salary to £20,000. 23 days holiday plus bank holidays. Working hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5.30pm.
Apply now for immediate consideration! Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.